Thread: Some fact checking please?

Default Some fact checking please?

Off the top of my head and away from my collection;
    The last time that the 8 stars of CW:AF were together as a team (bar Heather who didn't take a team role until after Mac's death) was Vol.1 #4?
    And the last time all 8 were actually in the same place together was Vol.1 #1?

Off-hand, i would have said the last issue of Volume 2. Then i realized that was incorrect, and that you are probably right! Wow...(that it has been that long, not that you are probably right)
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The kicker is Marrina who was in so few issues. All 8 were in the same book in Vol 1. Issue 12, but Marrina remained underwater with her signal amulet beeping away.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

The answer to the question is actually, the "original 8" team NEVER fully fought or worked together.
    AF#1, Puck had transportation issues. They were in the same place only for the meeting at the end of the issue.
    Puck also had transport issues in Two-in-One (as retro-actively explained) and Marrina was simply MIA for that one. Both those characters also missed the Hulk amnesty and the Contest of Champions, which were published before AF#1 but in continuity takes place afterwards.
    Only half the team joined Rom for the Dire Wraith fight.
    Snowbird was not present for the maneuvers at the opening of the Master arc. Puck's injuries kept him from being part of the actual fight with the Master.
    Marrina was playing the trollop with Namor during the Baron Strucker fight of the second X-Alpha series (Raab & Cassaday.) This series actually has a MAJOR continuity glitch between the team memberships, as there really is no way that Puck could have joined AF before Rogue joined the X-Men.
    Marrina still the trollop for the Omega fight in AF #12.
    For appearance immediately following Mac's death:
    Shaman and Snowbird sat out the Team-up Annual fight with the Collector.
    Marrina not there again, but Northstar was inexplicably present during the first X-Alpha limited, which must take place between AF #22 & 23. My assumption is after some temporary accord with Aurora during #22, he was around to talk to Aurora (or talk to the others about her) when Rogue sandbagged him.
    Northstar did not return to duty until coerced in AF#24, and Marrina was again absent during the second Omega fight. By that fight, Sasquatch was gone even if Walt's soul hung around for a few issues.
    Last edited by kozzi24; 08-22-2010 at 09:41 PM.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Nice checking kozzi. I think the "8" Phil is asking about excludes Puck and includes Heather. But you got it smack on for everything else.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

It's way off on "the 8" but I feel incomplete for not having mentioned the only other "team appearance" during the original run. After Guardian's death, Puck, Shaman and Northstar worked together in Crystar #11. Snowbird was on the cover but did not appear in the book. This probably would have been after Guardian's death.
    The other appearances in this continuity time-frame were single character pieces such as Marrina in Power Pack and a couple Sasquatch appearances (Hulk, Two-in-One Annual.)
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Nice checking kozzi. I think the "8" Phil is asking about excludes Puck and includes Heather. But you got it smack on for everything else.
    No due respect, but did you get that sdrawkcab?

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24 View Post
    Snowbird was on the cover but did not appear in the book.
    As opposed to Northstar, who was in the book but not on the cover.
    Or maybe he was in drag as Snowbird?

- Le Messor
    "He who speaks does not know. He who knows does not speak."
    ~ Lao Tsu