Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: alpha flight returns in chaos war!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    As Ben's #2 I can safely say the wheels are in motion while Ben is away.

Stay tuned True Believer!
    Go Phil!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Since dead Alpha Flight characters are coming back, wouldn't it be grand if they came up against Jaxon again?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfurious87 View Post
    great to see a writer who loves alpha flight maybe he'll conjure a way to resurrect poor bochsie and marrina if not oh well, heres to hoping the one shot leads to an ongoing
    Marrina is already included with the resurrectees, Mr F. I too would have liked to have seen other dead Alphans returned (mostly, Bochs and Diamond Lil). I guess Mr McCann only wanted the Alpha Flight Vol.1 Issue 1 Byrne team back. There's always the possibility that Diamond Lil and Bochs would also be booted from the afterlife as well, due to the Chaos War (even if their resurrections aren't shown). Maybe they could be used in later stories? You never know.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez View Post
    Since dead Alpha Flight characters are coming back, wouldn't it be grand if they came up against Jaxon again?
    Yes, Indeed....I always felt Jerry Jaxon was a great, messed-up villain.

I still think Delphine was lying about him being dead, though. He was apparently still alive (but his brain may have been fried or maybe he was comatose?) when she escaped with him at the end of issue #12 (their escape was mentioned in #13, I think)...Why would she take his body, if he was actually dead?

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    I've never actually purchased a new comic before.. I just got second hand version. But THIS I will buy bran spanking new!
    Cool...I hear bran is good for the digestion.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Here's a thought, what if it is Talismans wish to have Alpha (and her dad) back. She makes the deal, sacrfices herself for their return and Shaman upon his return to the land of the living and realizing what her daughter (the binder of spirits) has done tries to undo it against everyone else in Alpha's wishes. That could explain the absence of Talisman in the Chaos War art.

DIGGER
    Not Elizabeth! NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo! I hope not....She's such a great character.

Dana

Marrina's #1 Fan Miles First Flight

well heres hoping McCaan finally ditches heather of her costume like she was intended starting to look very hopeful, october couldnt come sooner

Oh!....Another thing....Heather looks to be in her original Guardian uniform (on the cover of the Chaos War one shot)....YAY! I was never a big fan of the green Geo suit. I think seeing both Heather and Mac in the red and whites would be awesome!

Dana

9. 08-18-2010

At least I'll have something good to read while I'm on the ....

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Cool...I hear bran is good for the digestion.

Dana

Marrina's #1 Fan Miles First Flight

Im hoping McCaan ditches the suit for heather I prefered her the way byrne wanted her, no suit.

Quote Originally Posted by sypes View Post
    at least i'll have something good to read while i'm on the ....
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfurious87 View Post
    Im hoping McCaan ditches the suit for heather I prefered her the way byrne wanted her, no suit.
    If she is to be in a power suit, though....I'd prefer the red and white. If she never put on the suit, that's one thing...but she did (after Byrne left the book, of course)...The power would be a hard thing for a person to give up. Never to be able to fly again, never to be able to fight super beings on their on level.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Not Elizabeth! NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo! I hope not....She's such a great character.

Dana
    I dunno. I think that perhaps Puck is the one that makes the sacrifice to return them to the land of the living, thus Puck stays in hell. And i agree that Talisman would definitely be the one most against these resurrections. Her, or Walter...after the stress he went thru at the beginning of Omega Flight...and then having to work with Pointer...i could imagine him snapping a few synapses and going completely stark-raving-nuts over this.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I dunno. I think that perhaps Puck is the one that makes the sacrifice to return them to the land of the living, thus Puck stays in hell. And i agree that Talisman would definitely be the one most against these resurrections. Her, or Walter...after the stress he went thru at the beginning of Omega Flight...and then having to work with Pointer...i could imagine him snapping a few synapses and going completely stark-raving-nuts over this.
    Much as I hate to think that again, she will be portrayed as a villain, anyone else think the one not thrilled to be back will be Marrina? She hasn't exactly had a very happy life. And she wasn't on the cover that Jimenez drew. If there is ANY connection between the two, that could be why she wasn't included - but of course it is just speculation...

I don't know if McCann will take into account (or even if he knows about it) In Namor's past series, The Sub-Mariner released Marrina's trapped soul from the Black Knight's ebony blade (Namor discovered that when he "killed" her with it, it ate her soul, as it eats all the souls of those killed by it)....But I believe she said as her spirit dissipated , that she was at peace...or something to that effect (I could be recalling it inaccurately). So yes, she may not be happy in returning to life.

My thought was it may be Mac, since he's been jerked back and forth so much by death.

Now do you mean, you think Elizabeth will be portrayed as a villain or Marrina?

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 08-18-2010 at 10:17 PM.