Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: alpha flight returns in chaos war!!!

HEAD EXPLODE

My head just exploded.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

haha wow, much can change in just one day.

You know, I haven't bought any thing Marvel since OF. Now, sure, at least this one shot. I had a look and see my kids have Teen Titans, Transformers, Green Lantern, no Marvel either. Guess now maybe they'll see what's what.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Absolutely over the moon about this bit of news. It's really the best bit of Alpha news since... the announcement of Volume 2 back in the 90s.

Hopefully, this will return the "dead" Alphans to the living Marvel Universe. From what I've read of the McCann interviews, it's a case of the dead being returned to life (ie. not as zombies, Black Lanterns and what not)... perhaps more in line with the resurrections at the end of the Blackest Night. If so, then it'll be good to have the original Alphans back in the Marvel Universe, even if they are not featuring in their own ongoing title.

Marrina's #1 Fan Miles First Flight

great to see a writer who loves alpha flight maybe he'll conjure a way to resurrect poor bochsie and marrina if not oh well, heres to hoping the one shot leads to an ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Here's a blog post about it on McCann's site: http://www.jimmccannonline.com/wordpress/?p=299

Not much new info, but I'm looking forward to this more and more!
    This looks VERY promising.

Getting goosie bumps already.

Seriously though, McCann mentioning the "alphans in space"...whoa! NOBODY at Marvel has mentioned them; I mean NOBODY. And the reason being, the Alphans in space supposedly were killed in NA16. Now, with that one simple line, McCann has me thinking, "or were they?" In fact, that might also lead me to ask the question, "if the Alphans who died in NA16 were not the Alphans from space, then who exactly is it that is being resurrected?"

Ohhh, my aching head...

On another note, wouldn't it be totally righteous to have a McCann interview done here for AF.net?

Personally, I think that at one point or another, McCann has visited this site already. He knows too much, too much about what it is we really want. Anybody else get that feeling as well? Perhaps he is reading this... right... now...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Personally, I think that at one point or another, McCann has visited this site already. He knows too much, too much about what it is we really want. Anybody else get that feeling as well? Perhaps he is reading this... right... now...
    The walls have ears. >_>

But I think that's just what happens when you get a writer who is genuinely passionate about a character/team, who's just as much a fan as anything. This is such fantastic news. XD

I could do with a different artist, but this guy's certainly not the worst thing ever to touch AF.

I've never actually purchased a new comic before.. I just got second hand version. But THIS I will buy bran spanking new!

Here's a thought, what if it is Talismans wish to have Alpha (and her dad) back. She makes the deal, sacrfices herself for their return and Shaman upon his return to the land of the living and realizing what her daughter (the binder of spirits) has done tries to undo it against everyone else in Alpha's wishes. That could explain the absence of Talisman in the Chaos War art.

DIGGER

Hmmmm, you have something there.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Here's a thought, what if it is Talismans wish to have Alpha (and her dad) back. She makes the deal, sacrfices herself for their return and Shaman upon his return to the land of the living and realizing what her daughter (the binder of spirits) has done tries to undo it against everyone else in Alpha's wishes. That could explain the absence of Talisman in the Chaos War art.

DIGGER
    From what I've read, this is supposed to reunite the original team and since Talisman is not an original team member, I take it that is why she's not in this.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    One thing that I always liked was how much of the classic lineup wound up having kids over the years. Mac and Heather had their unnamed daughter, Shaman had Talisman, Sasquatch had his unnamed son, Puck had Zuzha, Northstar had Joanne, Marrina had her three with Namor, Snowbird had her son. Aurora's the only one who never became a parent (even if none of them were particularly good at it), and I've always wondered if someone would ever touch on this.
    That's true...I'm guessing Walter's son would have to be a teen (at least I'd like to see him as a teen....It would be interesting to see a resentful teen son and Walter interact)...It seemed like Walt and Veronica had been divorced for a while before Volume One Started, probably even before he got involved with Alpha Flight? Were all of Marrina's "kids" killed? I know at least one of them was terminated by Namor.

I don't know how to take Mapleleaf and Puck II's supposed child, though....Many of the closing stories at the end of Lobdell's volume 3 seemed to be just tying up loose ends and didn't they all indicate that they were future events?...Such as The Major and Zuzha went on to get married and had a child, Centennial and Nemesis died at a later date. I'm thinking that not all of these things happened.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Thinking Llan is the devil.
    I'm now doubting that it will be Llan or the Dreamqueen...McCann seems rather fond of the Byrne line-up...I'm guessing he's going to use a Byrne villain (which would indicate the Master or Somon/Great Beasts).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!