Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: alpha flight returns in chaos war!!!

The newsarama interview makes me think The Master is involved;

McCann: It’s due to the Chaos King’s actions in Chaos War #3. I can’t say much without giving that away, but those actions attract a lot of attention, including one of Alpha Flight’s greatest foes.

And I love the fact we currently have 44 guests reading the site!

Come closet Alpha Fans, join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The newsarama interview makes me think The Master is involved;
    I thought that too, Phil. When it mentions their worst enemy...The Master has been one of Alpha's biggest big bads for almost all of Volume 1. The Dream Queen was another, but I can't see how she would have the ability to resurrect the dead (since she only really has the powers of illusion).

Dana

BTW: It would be cool if Mr McCann and Mr Jimenez joined us here.

Also BTW: I may have to change my sig.
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 08-17-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I also hope that Mr McCann doesn't forget the family angle that was very strong in the original Alpha Flight (Mac and Heather, Shaman and Talisman, Heather and Talisman, Shaman and Snowbird and of course...Northstar and Aurora). That's a very hard angle to forget, but many past writers seemed to ignore it or just didn't get it.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

i think there may be a alpha series that they may have greenlighted as long as the one shot pulls respectable numbers. just to may hints at a mccann/jimenez alpha series to ignore, including breevort himself.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I also hope that Mr McCann doesn't forget the family angle that was very strong in the original Alpha Flight (Mac and Heather, Shaman and Talisman, Heather and Talisman, Shaman and Snowbird and of course...Northstar and Aurora). That's a very hard angle to forget, but many past writers seemed to ignore it or just didn't get it.

Dana
    One thing that I always liked was how much of the classic lineup wound up having kids over the years. Mac and Heather had their unnamed daughter, Shaman had Talisman, Sasquatch had his unnamed son, Puck had Zuzha, Northstar had Joanne, Marrina had her three with Namor, Snowbird had her son. Aurora's the only one who never became a parent (even if none of them were particularly good at it), and I've always wondered if someone would ever touch on this.

Good news indeed.

That cover art looks a little scary, though, a bit too close to manga for my tastes.

Anyhow, i will be as interested to see how this one-shot concludes as to how the story itself reads. I mean, do they go back to being dead or do they stay alive?

Also, one article seems to say it comes out in October, the other November; which is it?

Back to the cover - now that I have looked at it a littler closer...[shudder]...thast is one of the worst Sasquatch's i have ever seen! And the twins look horrible, too, their bodies look all misshapen and Aurora looks practically 'flat', her brother has almost a bigger chest than she does!

On the good side, Alpha Flight returns! Yay!

And, i see that the interior artist is NOT the same as the one who did the cover - good!
    Last edited by Flightpath07; 08-17-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Thinking Llan is the devil.

YES!!! I am going to buy my first Marvel comic book in about four years and it feels great!

Here's a blog post about it on McCann's site: http://www.jimmccannonline.com/wordpress/?p=299

Not much new info, but I'm looking forward to this more and more!

Well, if this isn't a clear enough signal:

ANYONE GOING TO FANEXPO GET AFTER MARVEL AND ASK, PROMOTE, SELL ALPHA FLIGHT.

Booths, panels, in the hall or bathroom, get on it! we in western Canada are behind you!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Wow!!!

I wasn't expecting this but it's the best Marvel news of the year! And it's the return I wanted to see: the original line-up together once again!!!

Now give us a new regular series with McCann writing and Phil Jiménez (my favourite artist next to George Pérez) drawing and it'll be heaven

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Here's a blog post about it on McCann's site: http://www.jimmccannonline.com/wordpress/?p=299

Not much new info, but I'm looking forward to this more and more!
    Ben should invite him to this site since you can post a comment on his blog. I thought about doing it, but Ben deserves the credit for all of his hard work...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Ben should invite him to this site since you can post a comment on his blog. I thought about doing it, but Ben deserves the credit for all of his hard work...
    As Ben's #2 I can safely say the wheels are in motion while Ben is away.

Stay tuned True Believer!