Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: alpha flight returns in chaos war!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Beautifully done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image4..png 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	635

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The preview page does not look good. Reminds me of the worst aspects of Bair and Calimee rolled into one.

I don't think Reilly Brown has captured Northstar's face very well - a little too boyish.
    As for the rest? Costumes and characters?
    YES!!!
    I'm liking what I see. Original costumes. Good capture of the characters. I'm all for it.

The Gaurdian's (sic) head being too small - that's the Marvel style. Okay, it's a little extreme here...

Now I gaurdedly want to see his Sasquatch. That's the real test of an Alpha artist; does it look like he's ever seen Byrne's design?

- Le Messor
    "How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."
    ~ Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    The preview page does not look good. Reminds me of the worst aspects of Bair and Calimee rolled into one.

I don't think Reilly Brown has captured Northstar's face very well - a little too boyish.
    YES!!!
    I'm liking what I see. Original costumes. Good capture of the characters. I'm all for it.

The Gaurdian's (sic) head being too small - that's the Marvel style. Okay, it's a little extreme here...

Now I gaurdedly want to see his Sasquatch. That's the real test of an Alpha artist; does it look like he's ever seen Byrne's design?

- Le Messor
    ~ Marcus Aurelius
    I have to agree with you on everything, Mik. I have been trying to say little, as it doesn't seem fair to bash on an artist who is drawing the comeback of our heroes. But...here's to hoping he gets better with lots of practise?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post

YES!!!

- Le Messor
    ~ Marcus Aurelius
    Not sure if I need this here but...

Spoiler

Space

While Brown's style is different than what I'm use to, it is still head and shoulders above many past AF artists. His characters aren't stiff or standing on their toes nor are their bodies wildly/weirdly out of proportion. He has done them justice. As for his Sasquatch, well it's a bit hit and miss IMO. He gets the face right, and Sas' height seems to match what it would be compared to the other characters, but his arms are too short (more like the length of what a human's arms would be) instead of the longer simian-like arms we've seen before and his body isn't as broad (seems more fluffy than furry) therefore he doesn't look as strong, at least not to my eyes. That said, he does stay true to the characters' classic look and the art overall is strong. And he does Kirby Dots beautifully!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post

Spoiler

Space

... he does stay true to the characters' classic look ...
    That's all I ask for.
    (After seeing him drawn as a giant Ewok, etc... I know I can't expect much more...)

- Le Messor
    "How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn’t live there?"
    - Steve Wright

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Alpha Flight has returned

Today is a good day for Alpha Flight, Alpha Flight fans, and Marvel.

I've read CHAOS WAR: ALPHA FLIGHT, and MARVEL has done right and done well with Alpha Flight's resurrection. The story is straight-forward and concise, yet the plot, characterizations, and storytelling are solid, consistent, and plausible.

Admittedly, I would've like to have seen a bit of Tanaraq-Sasquatch mayhem, but all-in-all I think everyone had their moment to shine. I am particularly impressed with Snowbird and Northstar's somber and realistic assessments of their situation.

For those who have never seen Alpha Flight, this is a very good introduction. For those who know Alpha Flight's history, this is a very respectful representation of the team.

This is a very good Thanksgiving present, and (at last) MARVEL can be proud of the way they have presented Canada's premiere supergroup.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Images

If this is a Thanksgiving present, maybe we should find a way to thank Marvel for it?

- Le Messor
    "They kept telling me to act my age, so I changed my age."

As many of us as possible need to PHYSICALLY write in to Marvel and say how much we loved the oneshot and want more.
    Message boards and E-mails only go so far, and only sales in the US/Canada count.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    As many of us as possible need to PHYSICALLY write in to Marvel and say how much we loved the oneshot and want more.
    Message boards and E-mails only go so far, and only sales in the US/Canada count.
    Got an address handy?

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    Got an address handy?
    • Marvel Entertainment, LLC
    • 135 W. 50th Street, 7th Floor
    • New York, NY 10020

As taken from their contact page.

Also, there is their general feedback emails.

Do we direct it to the X office, or would it be the Heroes office?

Also, there is their general feedback emails.
    Do we direct it to the X office, or would it be the Heroes office?
    For emails, why not both in the same email?

Images

So I was minding my own business at work today, when I got a call from the foyer.
    "You'll gave to come down, somebody's left something for you."

When I made it down, there was nobody around...
    But there, on a low table, was a copy of Chaos Wars: Alpha Flight!

Woot!
    A week before I next planned a standing order day!

- Le Messor
    "I am more bored than you could ever possibly be. Go back to work."

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    For emails, why not both in the same email?
    Well, the last time people sent AF related emails to the wrong office Tom Brevoort got a bit cranky.

in regards to emails. I've asked their head of marketing what email department to send to. I should hear after the holiday.

Well, the last time people sent AF related emails to the wrong office Tom Brevoort got a bit cranky.
    Must...not...take...cheap shot!