Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Marvel Figurine Collection Magazine Special #21

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Is this the one your thinking of? As you can apparently buy it now

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLASSIC-MARVEL-F...item35ac82c18c
    The auction is for a presell. You'd still have to wait for it to come out before they'll be able to ship you the figure.

Ha! I didn't even see that.

Woohoo! Snowbird is mine!

I'll have a flick through the magazine on my lunchbreak and post any glaring errors/plus points here

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Congrats, Phil!

I just picked this up today! Sasquatch is dead on and awesome! Puck not so much!

Book was well researched and written!

Must have.

Quote Originally Posted by swh_comicguy View Post
    When it rains it pours! Lots of positives lately!

Here's a link to some new figures arriving in December!

http://www.comixology.com/sku/AUG101...uatch-and-Puck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sasquatch & Puck..jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	558

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Apparently this is all John Byrne's fault, as he had the gall to make Eugene into a dwarf off-panel (after all, we never did see him being born a dwarf!), and thus started the ball rolling that led to other major off-panel events in AF's life; like Sasquatch burning toast off-panel, Wild Child experimenting with snorting Crest toothpaste off-panel, and the horrific off-panel mistake of Persuasion telling somebody to BLEEP off...not to mention the off-panel deaths of the team, too.

Sadly, all started by John Byrne, as part of his never-ending plot to devalue his own creation.
    Well...Eugene being born off panel may be Byrne's fault, but Byrne did specifically mention Puck's condition (Achondroplasia...The most common type of dwarfism) in his run....it's Mantlos' fault for not doing the research.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Ugh...IMHO, that Snowbird statue is uuuuugly!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Whoa, so Sas, Puck and Snowbird are out?

Freaking crud! I need to track these down...

Got my double disco pack! I'm loving the heavy cardboard insert in the middle of the magazine, and the double sided poster, and the extra box, still not sure what that's for, does anyone know? The magazine is very Alpha Flight centric, not so much focused on Sasquatch/Puck, basically an all-around AF book, and very shiny.

So what is the extra gray box for?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

It is the outer cover for the box containing the figures and blister package. IF you open it, you'll see it slides over the box with the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Got my double disco pack! I'm loving the heavy cardboard insert in the middle of the magazine, and the double sided poster, and the extra box, still not sure what that's for, does anyone know? The magazine is very Alpha Flight centric, not so much focused on Sasquatch/Puck, basically an all-around AF book, and very shiny.

So what is the extra gray box for?

Love,
    rplass

Oh, do all the figurines come with an extra box? I don't remember the Guardian figure coming with one....
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Oh, do all the figurines come with an extra box? I don't remember the Guardian figure coming with one....
    I'm pretty sure all of mine do.

I got mine this weekend, but it was the final straw in my calling it quits with my LCS. I was already soured on the place because:

One, the store is a closet and badly organized
    Two, even if I arrive after four on Wednesday, he still doesn't have his pull-bins done. Sometimes not if I'm there Thursday. What the heck is the point of me subscribing to these titles if I have to go flipping through your wreck of a shelving system of find them anyway -- if you even have them out?
    Three, he's a Comic Book Guy. When I was working at my old LCS, my boss made it clear that there would be no trash-talking of any customer purchases -- what we did and said on our own time was up to us, but while were on the clock we. Loved. Everything. This guy could really have used a talk from my old boss.

Final straw was that I came in to pick up the Sasquatch & Puck two-pack I'd ordered. CBG had forgotten that I'd ordered it, opened the package, put the figures on display and then didn't even get it down off of the shelf for me when I pointed out his mistake (I am not a tall person). I canceled my sub list right there.

But at least the figures look good.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    I got mine this weekend, but it was the final straw in my calling it quits with my LCS.
    Ooh... If it was just the bad organisation I'd suggest you be patient or go on Saturdays or something... but with all things combined, I hope you have another one?

- Le Messor
    "I didn’t like the play, but then I saw it under adverse conditions - the curtain was up."
    ~ Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Ooh... If it was just the bad organisation I'd suggest you be patient or go on Saturdays or something... but with all things combined, I hope you have another one?
    I have another one I'm giving a try -- it's closer, cleaner, and when the guy behind the counter noticed that I was a Firebreather fan, he gave me a free copy of the new #1 signed by Phil Hester, so we're off to a good start. I was doing the billing for my old shop, so I know how thin the profit margins are for a small LCS, so I'm willing to give a lot of things a pass. Sometimes, you have to choose between hiring help to get the books unpacked and being able to pay your Diamond invoice. It happens. And it was far from the worst shop I'd ever been in -- no half-naked women on the walls or anything, and CBG did talk to me and not my tits.

But the guy also didn't do anything to make it a pleasant experience. and was such a loudmouth that I actually didn't want to engage him in a discussion about Alpha Flight when I picked up my one-shot, and that's before the lousy customer service. I'd rather go mail-order than spend two hours on a bus each week to deal with that.