Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of Alpha Flight!

Default The Return of Alpha Flight!

Maybe.

According to Bleeding Cool.

I understand that we may be about to see the return of Canadian supergroup Alpha Flight appearing in an upconing Marvel comic. Maybe we’ll find out just how dead they all are…

And the man spearheading the return is Marvel-suit-turned-writer Jim McCann!

That’s it. That’s all I’ve got. I’m outta here.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Looks like we read the same article at the same time lol

Whaaaaaa? We shall see. This could just be hearsay

I guess we probably shouldn't get our hopes up that we may once again see our favourite heroes to the North....but at least we can keep our fingers crossed that it will happen and that the new(possible) series is done in a serious way and not second rate.
    So until the Purple Girl holds her breath until she turns blue...

DIGGER

am i reading that wrong, or does it sound like they will be making a appearance in a book, not a ongoing. obviously this means mockingbird and hawkeye, which is one of my favorite books out there right now.

i hope its a ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    am i reading that wrong, or does it sound like they will be making a appearance in a book, not a ongoing. obviously this means mockingbird and hawkeye, which is one of my favorite books out there right now.

i hope its a ongoing.
    Apperance in a book.

right, but appearance meaning cameo, or appearance meaning their book.

confused.

I'm thinking cameo, and then may lead into a book.

Well, who knows, but at least it's positive rumours, not negative. After all, in the upcoming Deapool 1000, they have a bit asking Deadpool to be Canada's Captain Canada and say that Alpha Flight might be dead. I know, Deadpool 1000 is all humour but again it's not a negative reference.

With this Jim McCann note at least we have a name and a rumour of Jiminez doing art, but that's a pretty long shot guess IMO. Better than just a rumour that somebody made up.

I can use more positive news like this, even if it's just an appearance by AF in Hawkeye & Mockingbird, it's a start.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this...But I'm going to wait and see if there's anything worth getting excited over.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Mokole:

With this Jim McCann note at least we have a name and a rumour of Jiminez doing art, but that's a pretty long shot guess IMO. Better than just a rumour that somebody made up.

I can use more positive news like this, even if it's just an appearance by AF in Hawkeye & Mockingbird, it's a start. [/QUOTE]

At San Diego Jiminez said he would like to do Alpha Flight if it consisted of the original members. Hope he was serious.

DIGGER

This is promising! McCann's a great writer, who always seems to have real respect for the characters he writes. Even if we're just looking at a cameo in Hawkeye & Mockingbird or something, it'd be nice for Alpha's place in the Marvel universe to be reestablished for the new decade.

So, time to find mcCann on Twitter methinks...

Just found this from comic con. Interesting.

Jimenez then told the crowd that his dream project would be to draw the original Alpha Flight team. He asked if anyone even wanted the original team to return to which the crowd both cheered and laughed. He then teased that he just took a new project with a big name writer, but refused to reveal to the crowd the name of the book, only saying it would be announced shortly.