Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Alpha Flight!

i dont think you can fault reilly brown for that. he said he was using the marvel encyclepedia as the source, if anything blame marvel.

"How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Mac and Sas both look too tall, as does Marrina. Mac is a scientist, not a basketball player!

Good looking pic, tho.
    Sassy is 10 ft tall (so no, he is not too tall here), Marrina is supposed to be 6 ft tall and thus, not too tall here either...Heather is 5'5" so she should be rather short...Mac is 6' 2".

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill P View Post
    Height of characters according tho the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe:

Northstar 5'11" 185 lbs
    Aurura 5'11" 125 lbs
    Mac 6'2" 190 lbs
    Heather 5'5" 120 lbs
    Shaman 5'8"
    Puck 3'6" 225 lbs (??)
    Snowbird 5'10" 108 lbs
    Marrina 6' 200 lbs
    Sasquatch 10' 2000 lbs

I think the sketch is fairly accurate.
    I agree...Those very same height measures are here at the Alphanex wiki too (and in the original Handbooks too).

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 10-12-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Rplass - as with others, I don't like Manbot, but that doesn't stop that being a really cool pic.

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    i dont think you can fault reilly brown for that. he said he was using the marvel encyclepedia as the source, if anything blame marvel.
    I haven't been since Bill P posted the heights. But, if you compare the official heights to Byrne's actual imagery...
    Wait, I'm gonna dig that up again. Give me a few minutes...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF11ad..JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF16ad..JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	574

This is what I'm talking about.
    I can't think of anything Alpha related where I don't consider Byrne the definitive, final word.

(I'd like to put the Reilly Brown pic next to these two, but I don't know if that'll get us in trouble? If not, tell me, and I'll edit it in.)

Also, great Sasquatch pic from Reilly Brown - really shows personality.

- Le Messor
    "History is the study of the world's crime."
    ~ Voltaire
    Last edited by Le Messor; 10-12-2010 at 04:54 PM.

So, according to Byrne's pic, MArrina is slightly shorter than the twins, and Heather is the same size as the twins. And i still feel that Sas looks too tall in Reilly's pic...altho that may be that i am used to other artist's drawing him smaller than he should be drawn...

I stand corrected on Mac being a tall bugger - he is. Would've liked to see Walter's comparative height in that Byrne pic, tho.

Thanks Mik.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

So, according to Byrne's pic, MArrina is slightly shorter than the twins, and Heather is the same size as the twins. And i still feel that Sas looks too tall in Reilly's pic...altho that may be that i am used to other artist's drawing him smaller than he should be drawn...

I stand corrected on Mac being a tall bugger - he is. Would've liked to see Walter's comparative height in that Byrne pic, tho.

Thanks Mik.
    Marrina certainly doesn't look 6 ft there, but with Heather and the twins in the second pic...Keep in mind they are behind her, perhaps by a foot. They may still be taller than her, if they were standing right beside her. Heather does look pretty tall there, if Wolvie is 5'3" and Heather is standing behind him...She looks taller than 5'5" there (more like 5'9" or something?).

LOL...Sasquatch is slouching in the second picture.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 10-13-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Maybe Mac used to play basketball (it was invented by a Canadian, after all)?....LOL!

Dana

Images

Name:	AF01WaltMac..JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	575

Knock, and ye shall receive.
    From #1.
    That's Mac on the right, with his back to us. The hand and the leg are JP.

- Le Messor
    Hobbes: Do you think there's a God?
    Calvin: Well, SOMEbody's out to get me.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post

Name:	AF01WaltMac..JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	575

Knock, and ye shall receive.
    From #1.
    That's Mac on the right, with his back to us. The hand and the leg are JP.

- Le Messor

Thanx. Judging from that pic, although it is hard to tell, I'd put Walter at 6'3" or 6'4"? If Mac is actually 6'2", that is. (I'd also guess JP to be right-handed? lol)

Sigh...I really, really, really miss Byrne's AF artwork. (Insert nasty curse words aimed at JB's hatred of AF here)
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

A quickly taken photo of the Sas Reilly did for me at NYCC:

Name:	sassketchrbnyc10..jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	631.8 KB 
ID:	576

And he's just put a Marinna up on his DA;

Name:	marina_by_reillyb.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	577

Images

Nice. I like how well he did the Sas under convention conditions - I'm assuming he didn't have a model to draw from?

- Le Messor
    "Assume attack positions!"
    "But sir, you know what happens when you assume!"

Thanx. Judging from that pic, although it is hard to tell, I'd put Walter at 6'3" or 6'4"? If Mac is actually 6'2", that is. (I'd also guess JP to be right-handed? lol)

Sigh...I really, really, really miss Byrne's AF artwork. (Insert nasty curse words aimed at JB's hatred of AF here)
    The handbooks say Walt is 6'4" in his natural human form...So right on, FP.

Dana