Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of Alpha Flight!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Koz,

I feel Heather has "grown" past that (I believe Mr Mantlo is the party responsible for her blast-happy moments in both instances you mentioned)...Other writers came in and made her a bit more level-headed as Volume One went on.

Dana
    I agree
    But I consider the fact that she has never been taken to task for it to be an unresolved plot thread. Puck, Box and Northstar were there, so would probably recognize the heat of the moment decisions. Shaman, Snowbird and Mac shpuld still have questions or doubts about the incidents, especially as there ARE two instances where she wantonly fired on teammates. (Wonder wh they left that off of #120's "Join Alpha" recruiting poster.)
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    Well I think my idea of Hudson Tech (company) would fly, and Mac could be the leader of the team. After all, Heather has always been more of an administrator when not in action.
    LOL

Welcome tot he 21st Century, Mok...Heather CAN be CEO instead of just the secretary to one.

Snowbird says, "Does CEO mean Chief Executing Officer?"
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24 View Post
    LOL

Welcome tot he 21st Century, Mok...Heather CAN be CEO instead of just the secretary to one.

Snowbird says, "Does CEO mean Chief Executing Officer?"
    Nah...She thinks it means Carnivorous Eskimo Offender.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

From both covers - Chaos War and Avengers #4 it seems the artist/creative team is taking Alpha back to their original costumes or close to.

I personally hope that they keep the newer costumes. I much prefer Talisman's Omega outfit and I do like Northstar's newer costume. I would like to see the others with a little more or a modern/current take on their costumes as well. Not to stray too much from the design of the original, just enough to give them an up-to-date look.

I meant Heather should run Hudson Tech.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

jason aarons explination of puck being in hell in a recent interview:

Since it's already been revealed in interviews and solicits, could you explain why Alpha Flight member Puck is in hell, despite some of his heroics as a member of the team?
    Puck, I'm afraid, has been paying the price for having an evil sorcerer trapped inside his body for years (if you don't believe me, go ask Wikipedia). Ah, the perils of living in the Marvel Universe...

and more info from fan expo:

Cebulski began by referring to the previously announced miniseries “Chaos War,” a story spinning out of events in “Incredible Hercules.” Stating that it will “play around with some of the boundaries of the mortal realm,” he displayed some art from a tie-in with the self-explanatory title “Dead Avengers” before telling the appreciative audience that Alpha Flight members killed off by Brian Bendis will also return in a very Canadian one-shot. (He later hinted that the team’s revival won’t end there.) While describing the still-living Giant-Man’s resumption of that name in “Avengers Academy” #7, Cebulski said that one of the issue’s variant covers will involve “our merger with a little company named Disney.”

Oh and here I thought maybe Puck's mercenary days is what got him in Hell, but just that demon (Raazar) he had inside him did it. Kind of weak really. Oh well, I will still pick it up

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    I meant Heather should run Hudson Tech.
    I know, and I'm not dissin' you per se, but there's still the implication that the man should be field leader of the field forces even though the woman has more experience (and didn't get herself blown up.)

Reread V1 #14...everything why Heather should be leader is in there. Now picture the same issue if she had already been in the battlesuit. None of Mac's overthinking hesitation.
    www.kozzi.us

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Oh and here I thought maybe Puck's mercenary days is what got him in Hell, but just that demon (Raazar) he had inside him did it. Kind of weak really. Oh well, I will still pick it up
    Actually, like the Razor plot-twist to the origin of Puck that Byrne created or not (and I am halfway between on that one), that actually makes sense. Puck is paying the price for trapping Razor within himself (Razor's revenge?).

With any luck, they will be able to make Puck's history make sense somehow. I know, I know, it'll be a "tall order" (groan...), but hopefully somebody will be able to do so.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Actually, like the Razor plot-twist to the origin of Puck that Byrne created or not (and I am halfway between on that one), that actually makes sense. Puck is paying the price for trapping Razor within himself (Razor's revenge?).

With any luck, they will be able to make Puck's history make sense somehow. I know, I know, it'll be a "tall order" (groan...), but hopefully somebody will be able to do so.
    John Byrne did not...Repeat: Did not have anything to do with Raazer being associated with Puck's origin...Bill Mantlo was the fellow responsible for that. John Byrne intended Puck to be a normal dwarf with a condition called Achondroplasia (which is painful and is the cause of the most common type of dwarfism), which Byrne actually named in one issue of Alpha Flight. Mantlo either missed that fact or ignored it.
    Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-01-2010 at 01:37 AM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Perhaps this
    like the Razor plot-twist to the origin of Puck that Byrne created or not
    should instead have read,

"Whether or not you like the plot-twist that was ADDED to Byrne's original origin of Puck..."

Cuz that was what i meant.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Perhaps this should instead have read, "Whether or not you like the plot-twist that was ADDED to Byrne's original origin of Puck..."
    Cuz that was what i meant.
    Ah, okay, because that did not come across.

Good to see you're now thinking like the rest of us.

- Le Messor
    "He who spends a storm beneath a tree, takes life with a grain of TNT."

Wait...if the rest of you are thinking, are you thinking "Collectively"? Blech - I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Who us? Think collectively?
    Never.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Locutus..jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	566

- Le Messor
    "Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."