Thread: Great Beasts in Thor?

Default Great Beasts in Thor?

In Thor #439 and #441 there is a sidestory involving a sword quest and finding the "true" Thor, but whats important is during the story there is mention of Great Beasts and I wonder if there is a connection with Alpha Flight's great beasts?

They say "Great Beasts of Legend" multiple times and "..trapped in endless battle with the spirits of the Great Beasts!"
    Last edited by -K-M-; 07-26-2010 at 12:20 AM.

I don't know...Who exactly is "trapped in endless battle"? Thor himself? I doubt it's Alpha's Great Beasts...It's probably referring to the "beasts" of Norse mythology, like the Midgard Serpent, Fenris, Fafnir, Trolls, etc...I could be wrong, of course, but that seems more logical than it being the Great Beasts from Alpha Flight.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Does anyone at Marvel care or even remember Alpha's version of the great beasts?

DIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I don't know...Who exactly is "trapped in endless battle"? Thor himself? I doubt it's Alpha's Great Beasts...It's probably referring to the "beasts" of Norse mythology, like the Midgard Serpent, Fenris, Fafnir, Trolls, etc...I could be wrong, of course, but that seems more logical than it being the Great Beasts from Alpha Flight.

Dana
    No the Destroyer armor, but remember Tanaraq has a connection to Surtur. It wasn't them, it was something else.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Does anyone at Marvel care or even remember Alpha's version of the great beasts?

DIGGER
    Yes, they appeared in Hercules, Omega Flight as well as Secret Invasion: Home Invasion there was a super skrull made out of the Great Beasts.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 07-26-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post

DIGGER
    Certainly. In volume 3 of the recent hardcover Official Handbooks, the Great Beasts were prominently featured in the entry for Demons. I think that counts!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Remember Tanaraq has a connection to Surtur.
    Tell me more!

(Also, what were you saying about the Destroyer armour?)

- Le Messor
    "He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it."

~ Joseph Romm

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Tell me more!

(Also, what were you saying about the Destroyer armour?)

- Le Messor
    "He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it."

~ Joseph Romm
    In Omega Flight, Tanaraq currently is in possession of Surtur's demon army.

Some of the Great Beasts battled with the Destroyer Armor for a few months straight

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Certainly. In volume 3 of the recent hardcover Official Handbooks, the Great Beasts were prominently featured in the entry for Demons. I think that counts!

Love,
    rplass
    Didn't buy the hardcover, was it a new listing or just a rehash from before?

DIGGER

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Ah, thanks! I lose track of these things.

- Le Messor
    "He that is giddy thinks the world turns round."