Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird non-news might be news?

Default Weird non-news might be news?

Picked up the new X-Men #1 today, fully expecting to see either Northstar or Jeffries in the new vampire story line. Strangely, in the extensive appearance of the Science Team, no Jeffries. Just completely missing, where he ought to have been. It was sort of a medical scene, not so much tech, but it gave me the willies to think something might have happened to him in the yet-as-concluded Second Coming storyline. I'm just being paranoid, right?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

He's alive and well in the ad for #2

Is This The Worst Comics PR Piece Ever Released? http://bcool.bz/dxunNR

I was actually going to make the exact same post rplass. I was pretty suprized he never showed up.

Oh what a relief!!! So glad to see that image! Thanks, I'm understandably paranoid about Alpha Flight deaths, I suppose.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Well, from comicbookreasources, more non news but a chance to pesterize...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=27096

Just like we've done with Cup O' Joe, we're going to be asking fans for questions for future installments of Marvel T&A to pick your brains. So I hope you're ready for a lot of questions about where Alpha Flight is...
    Brevoort: [Laughs] They're in Canada!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That's a huge relief. I really, really did not want to buy this (picture a nasty adjective, insert it here ) issue, but I'd have 'had to' if there was an Alpha appearance.

(Sorry, I've been seeing promos, and it really, utterly fails to appeal - see that article I wrote about how cold that cover is. Okay, wait to see if I bother writing that article and posting it, then see it...)

- Le Messor
    Gomez: "He has my father's eyes."
    Morticia: "Gomez, take those out of his mouth."

I just think it's really odd that the X-Men's foes all seem to be demons and the "undead" lately...First: Demons of Limbo, then risen-from-the-dead techno-mutants (I will never understand why the writers chose to completely resurrect Cypher/Doug Ramsey, though...Seriously?...Cypher?...I just don't get it ) and now vampires....Aaarrgh!

Dana

EDIT: I didn't even think about the whole "religious" aspects of Messiah Complex and Second Coming...Aaargh again.
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 07-25-2010 at 05:14 AM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post

Just like we've done with Cup O' Joe, we're going to be asking fans for questions for future installments of Marvel T&A to pick your brains. So I hope you're ready for a lot of questions about where Alpha Flight is...
    Aaaarrrrghhhh!!! I really, really do not like those two (JoeQ and The Brevoort)!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Aaaarrrrghhhh!!! I really, really do not like those two (JoeQ and The Brevoort)!
    Can I use the word "TOOLS" to describe these two guys or would that be inappropriate? Just asking.

DIGGER

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Well, you are a digger. You should know a tool when you see one.

... as long as you don't call Annette a tool.

- Le Messor
    Willow: "He said he wasn't coming back until he'd driven to all fifty states."
    Buffy: "Did you explain about Hawaii?"
    Willow: "Well, he seemed so determined."

Don't have her number.

DIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post

I actually took this as good news, he didn't say they were dead.

Than again, how sad is it that a chuckling comment is taken as good news.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

I've already put a question in on the T&A thread about AF. Why don't we swamp them with questions and teach them a lesson?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I've already put a question in on the T&A thread about AF. Why don't we swamp them with questions and teach them a lesson?
    Because Quesada and Brevoort have admitted to spiteful fan-baiting, to the point where Quesada has said that pissing off fans is one of his goals? Seems like that trying to "teach them a lesson" might be a good way to get a few more Alphans killed off.
    Last edited by suzene; 07-28-2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Typos.