Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What was your first comic book and what got you started reading Alpha Flight

I can't really remember my first comic. My parents used to read to me before bed when I was little (this included everything, even comics!)
    One of the first comics that really stuck in my memory though (and was probably one of the firsts) was DC Comics Presents #25. It was such a weird story with Phantom Stranger, Superman, and hell. I also really liked the Hourman back-up. I had the coverless copy for the longest time.

Alpha Flight was just a random purchase at 7-11 (in hindsight it was definitely because of John Byrne. I LOVED his FF, and was probably subconsciously drawn to the artwork). I think my first issue was #27. I was instantly hooked. I think I had most of the back issues before #28 was released.

I used to read Hulk comics as a child for the pretty green pictures lol

But the first comic that I bought as a teenager that changed everything was Uncanny X-men 170, the whole Morlock story along with Paul Smith's amazing artwork got me hooked so I went back and read the whole Phoenix saga as back issues. Jean remains my favourite comic character of all time to this day!

The first time I bought Alpha Flight was issue 2, it was the character Marrina that drew my attention to the comic, and she remains my favourite Alpha character to this day which is why I was ecstatic that she was included in the line up in Chaos War, the Aurora cover of issue 3 sealed it and Alpha became one of my 3 favorite comic books of all time: X-Men, Alpha Flight and New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by humanracin View Post
    The first time I bought Alpha Flight was issue 2, it was the character Marrina that drew my attention to the comic, and she remains my favourite Alpha character to this day which is why I was ecstatic that she was included in the line up in Chaos War...
    Nice to meet a fellow Marrinite!
    Welcome, my friend!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by humanracin View Post
    I used to read Hulk comics as a child for the pretty green pictures lol
    The first time I bought Alpha Flight was issue 2, it was the character Marrina that drew my attention to the comic
    I'm detecting a pattern...