Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your first comic book and what got you started reading Alpha Flight

Marrina's #1 Fan Miles First Flight

Default What was your first comic book and what got you started reading Alpha Flight

Hey every1 Im new here but Im an old Alpha Fan my name is Miles Im 23 and Im married with 2 children anyways back on topic.

Back when I was a lad of 4 I bought my first 2 comics Power Pack #10 and Marvel Encyclopedia deluxe edition #1, Me and my 2 brothers probably read thru that first issue of the Marvel encyclopedia millions of times picking out our favorites, mine just so happened to be Alpha Flight I have no idea what made me like them but I know for sure that Box was a big reason not knowing anything of the characters I imagined for hours, I thought at 1 point that puck was a norm al height person (Crazy adolescent) then I checked out my other comic and guess who was the guest star? Marrina, I was thrilled I have since lost that issue but Im probably gonna have to buy it again, well neway I was a fan of Marrina from then on a 4 year olds first crush was an alien canadian, so since then I have been collecting my back issues of Alpha, and to tell you the truth I love the series but my pet peeve is that Marrina was gone to quickly. So what got you strated on Alpha as a fan?

Firstly, Welcome to the Forum.

First Marvel comic I ever bought was a collective edition of 'The Phoenix Saga' along with ' The X-Men v The Teen Titans'. I only got them because my friend took me into the shop to pick up his comics. Alpha Flight #6 had just come out, but I didn't really pay it much attention. A few months later I went back and decided I was going to collect something for myself and given that my friend collected just about everything I thought I'd try something new. Alpha #10 had just come out, so I picked it up and all the back issues to #2, I had to get #1 ordered in. Since then I've picked up all the series and most appearences, hanging on to the thin hope that they will be returned to their former glory.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The first comic that I can remember was Fantastic Four when they met the Salem Seven for the first time. (I am dating myself by admitting this.) My first Alpha comic was the infamous #12. I was blown away that the leader of the group was killed off. It made me want to read more.
    BTW - I was immediately curious about Marrina as well when I first saw the advertisement of Alpha Flight #12 within the Fantastic Four that I was reading. She continues to be one of my favorite Alphans.

Welcome to Alpha Flight Forum MrFurious87! The first comic I ever had was Fantastic Four #268.

My mother, who was a schoolteacher, confiscated a copy of this comic from one of her students in 1984. She gave it to me to read and when I saw the ad near the end soliciting Alpha Flight #12, I couldn't stop staring at the picture. Who were those heroes? They looked so tough, so beautiful and confident, so varied and interesting. Amazing. The very next day my friend and I rode our bicycles to the local Comic Book Store where we procured Alpha Flights #1-12 and since then, I have been in love with the greatest team of super-heroes the world has ever known.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

My first one as I can remember at best was Marvel Team Up 15 vol I.

I always loved Marvel team-up my favorite has to be annual #7 Im a bit biased though :P

Yeah, I wished AF made more guess apperances in other issues other than X-Men and Avengers. It would have been cool (for me at lest) to have had the Danny Ketch Ghost Rider join Omega Flight, and havd the Johnny Blaze in his own book.

ya that was the problem with most writers of Alpha flight always leaving them in canada Alpha would of sold better if they kept the idea of byrne with like 1-3 members an issue that way you could get some good plots such as Northstar and aurora with the X-men have Sasquatch and the like would've been awesome to see an issue with ketch in it though I woulda liked to see a 3 issue saga of puck and wolverine teaming up

Oh there was a three-issue saga with Wolverine. Check out issues #35, 36, and 37 from Wolverine circa 1991 or so.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

oh really I just might have to check that out thx

The first comic I ever bought was Uncanny X-Men #308. I had originally bought for my cousin who collected comics and then shamelessly kept it for myself after I had read and loved it! What drew me to it was that it was an issue that was devoted to the lives of the X-Men behind the scenes and not just battling. It also covered a lot of history since it's the issue where Scott Summers and Jean Grey announce their engagement before the big wedding in X-Men #30.

My first encounter with Alpha Flight was through the X-Men animated cartoon, but as soon as I saw Alpha Flight I was in love and started collecting whatever I could get my hands on. I think the first comic was Alpha Flight #40 which I happened to get in a comic variety pack.

I can't recall what my first comic was, but I remember having a lot of Archie's comics at home and some Transformers too.

Alpha Flight was definitely when they were part of X-men cartoons. I hadn't given them much thoughts until I saw an articles about Canadian SuperHeroes and remembered them instantly! Been in love since

Marvel Two In One...Thing & Sasquatch followed by Thing & Alpha Flight

My first superhero comic book I ever read (cuz I couldn't possibly tell you about all the Archie and Richie Rich comics i read) was an old issue of Defenders, where they were fighting the Avengers; sorry, no idea on the issue number. It made me love the Defenders, which was the first team i fell in love with. For years after that, I thought that all the Avengers and Defenders did was fight each other, lol.

I am not sure what was the first comic I owned - too long ago to remember.

The first Alpha Flight i bought was issue 14.

I had a friend who collected Alpha Flight and X-Men comics. First he got me into X-Men (the Brood storyline hooked me on them for quite a while), and when i first saw the cover of AF 12 I knew I had to read and find out what this team was about.

Boy, those are some classic comic moments - Avengers vs Defenders ; the Brood vs the X-Men ; and John Byrne vs Guardian (lol).
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I guess my grandma had early Hulk and Spider-man comics, but the first one I ever bought was Alpha Flight 128.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.