Thread: Ghost Rider...any fans?

Default Ghost Rider...any fans?

I'm a big GR fan. I've been collecting it since 1977. I had other books like Spider Man Avengers FF Thor and so forth but always missing pieces from the run. But back in 85 I thought to get the books I've missed and fill the gap for GR. and I got pretty much every apperance.

My history with AF started with #1 vol I but I didn't pick it up. I saw it on the rack at the cornner store, but wanting to buy it but no cash. (I was only 12) Plus I had to go out of Canada and moved to Italy for a year until I returned and started buying the series from #10-20, 22, 25-28, 38, 52, then I got really into it with #73 and stuck with it ever since, while filling in the gaps.

These are the only 2 series that I buy period. I use to buy 15-20 titles per month (88-93) until the books got too expensive and I dropped all but these titles.

I'm a fan of Ghost Rider, but the Johnny Blaze era, back in the 80's. Used to read his stories in Brit published books, but like most Marvel characters, they complicated the stories, screwed with the origins and made the characters generic. Gave up on GR around about 1990.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I know what you mean. Blaze was much simpler book then, than it is now. Though they try to straighten out the whole story by making Blaze back as the GR and found out that the GR is actully a heavenly power and that was given to a select people and lied to them of their true origin believeing that the power was from Satan, and not God, cause God didn't want to show his hand in mortal affairs. The human host were safe guards so the GR's woundn't go out of control and seek vengence on evrybody. Dan came back as a GR as well and went toe to toe with Blaze. Now they have strighten out the whole GR story (Yeah Right) Blaze & Ketch are travelling in search of demons, as seen in a recent Dead Pool team up.

I rest my case. it would seem there are way to many drugs available at Marvel these days
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!