Thread: Hawkeye and Mockingbird get an ongoing

Default Hawkeye and Mockingbird get an ongoing

I will buy this new ongoing series cuz they are my two fave Avengers but it does depress me that we still dont have Alpha FLight

Yeah, this is a little baffling considering their mini right after Secret Invasion didn't sell all that well despite having New Avengers right in the title. I don't see this lasting very long at all. On the one hand, it is annoying, but on the other, it's still nice to see different characters getting their shots in the spotlight (each of the Wolverine Jr.'s are getting an ongoing, ugh), and it does give me hope that Alpha will get their shot again eventually.
    Last edited by MistressMerr; 05-27-2010 at 09:49 PM.

X-23 is getting her own title too? I'd heard that Daken was keeping his ongoing, but...bleh. I guess we'll have to see how this plays out. Last I saw of the charts, Daken was cannibalizing Daddy Logan's readership pretty well, and the Wolverine: Weapon X title was severely underperforming, so I'm curious to see if there's anything to the logic that says that if three Wolverine titles plus X-Force are a bit much for the customer base, but three different Wolverine titles plus X-Force will do OK.

Yeah, it's more than a little ridiculous, but at least the Wolvie books are going to be somewhat more straightforward, if that makes sense? Logan will have a book, Daken will have a book, and Laura will have a book, that's it, no unnecessarily fancy titles or extraneous Origins junk. Hopefully dropping the Weapon X name and having it be the ONLY Wolverine solo title will let Jason Aaron's book reclaim the lion's share of sales, his stuff is the first time I've enjoyed solo Wolverine in years.

Meh, I don't care that much about any of these titles or characters. I don't find the storytelling that original.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm still of the belief that Mockingbird should have stayed dead. And considering her resurrection in the face of Marvel execution of twenty-years of Spider-Man continuity based on "people don't like married heroes" I find the whole corporate sponsorship (or patronage) of Hawkeye and Mockingbird baffling.
    And don't get me wrong, I am an Avengers guy and liked Mockingbird and love Hawkeye. Some characters are just better off dead, even if they should not have been killed to begin with. In Mockingbird's case, I can't buy that what we saw in hell was a Skrull's soul STILL thinking it was a specific human.
    To me it's another case of one of Daddy Q's boy writers getting to do what he wants with whatever characters he wants. While I don't agree with all policies (like the current TPTB antipathy for Alpha) I do think the Marvel Uniberse is stronger when the editors have the say over character development.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.