Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Respect from Cube and Splice Movie Director

Default Alpha Flight Respect from Cube and Splice Movie Director

Just read this this morning.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/05/17...-flight-movie/

Too bad Joe Q doesn't think a Canadian superhero team is interesting enough.

MikeM

Thank you Bane for posting this link, and thank you Natali for getting the idea of an Alpha Flight movie out there big time. As a fan of Cube I'd give this guy a shot at bringing the Flight to the big screen.

Default Alpha Flight - the Movie?

No joke - this can be found on the CBR website:

ALPHA FLIGHT
    "Splice" director Vincenzo Vitali suggests to MTV News another superhero title he might like to take on. "I'll put this out there: maybe 'Alpha Flight,'" says the director. "I thought that would be interesting, to give a little Canadian angle on the superhero mythology .... It's an interesting group and it had a lot of different members, so you can take it in a number of different directions. I think it would be cool." No deal is in place and, for the most part, Vitali is thinking out loud, but its one of the more interesting ideas a director has expressed when asked, "What comic book would you make into a movie?"

How CRAZY would THAT be???

Threads merged. Seemed simpler
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    No joke - this can be found on the CBR website:

ALPHA FLIGHT
    "Splice" director Vincenzo Vitali suggests to MTV News another superhero title he might like to take on. "I'll put this out there: maybe 'Alpha Flight,'" says the director. "I thought that would be interesting, to give a little Canadian angle on the superhero mythology .... It's an interesting group and it had a lot of different members, so you can take it in a number of different directions. I think it would be cool." No deal is in place and, for the most part, Vitali is thinking out loud, but its one of the more interesting ideas a director has expressed when asked, "What comic book would you make into a movie?"

How CRAZY would THAT be???
    Oh God, this interview made my day, absolutely terrific.
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

One of the authors (the only Canadian) of the website Screen Rant sent me this article link:

http://screenrant.com/vincenzo-natal...vie-rob-60617/

Loving how much attention a few comments from a random director is getting! Plenty of great Alpha fan comments in that last link, too, but Screenrant's always had a pretty cool user base.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Would the director of Cube be a good choice, though?
    It was, as I remember, a bleak movie, with a very cynical outlook - not sure how I'd like an Alpha Flight movie like that.
    And Splice? The way I remember it, it has that whole 'I've never seen it' vibe going, which I would truly loathe in an Alpha Flight movie, even a bad one.

That said, I don't know how versatile he is as a director. Could the guy who made Brain Dead make Frighteners? Could he make a good Fellowship of the Ring? Turns out, the answer is 'yes'.

So, I'd have to see the finished movie before I could judge - but yay to the respect! And if he wants to make one, more power to him!

The second article: I really wish they hadn't led with an image from v3, but otherwise good. I especially like their suggestion of Nathan Fillion as Guardian, since we know he's at least read AF.

- Le Messor
    Buffy: "Have I ever let you down?"
    Giles: "Do you want me to answer that, or shall I just glare?"
    Last edited by Le Messor; 05-29-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Eh. They got Rawston "Dodgeball" Thurbur to do the Elfquest movie, so there have been weirder matches of directors to comic properties. At least Vitali seems to be fond of the team.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The question is, did Thurbur do a good 'Elfquest' movie?
    There's an Elfquest movie?

My mind is still blowing over M. Night Shyamalan doing Avatar: The Last Airbender. He couldn't be any more opposite to the show; I'm hoping we'll get to see Aang smile at some point in the movie, but knowing Shyamalan (as a fan), we won't.

- Le Messor
    "Have we got a college? Have we got a football team?....Well we can't afford both. Tomorrow we start tearing down the college."
    ~ Groucho in Horse Feathers

This could be good or it could be bad...I don't see Marvel going for it, though...There's far too much bias going on there against Alpha these days.

Dana

EDIT: OOOOH!...How about Steve Bacic for Mac? He's tall (6'1"), dark (hair and eyes) and built...He's done a lot of TV, a few movies (he was Henry McCoy in X2) and he's Canadian.
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 05-31-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    The question is, did Thurbur do a good 'Elfquest' movie?
    There's an Elfquest movie?
    It's still in pre-production -- they just finished the first draft of the script last year. He's definitely been passionate about the project, but we'll have to see so far as execution goes.

I wonder if Marvel even has the rights to do an AF movie right now. Depending on how closely they're bundled up with the X-Men franchise, that might be Fox's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    OOOOH!...How about Steve Bacic for Mac? He's tall (6'1"), dark (hair and eyes) and built...He's done a lot of TV, a few movies (he was Henry McCoy in X2) and he's Canadian.
    I may be wrong, but I thought Kelsey Grammar played the Beast in X2. Or was that X3?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    I may be wrong, but I thought Kelsey Grammar played the Beast in X2. Or was that X3?
    He played the Beast in X3, just recently watched all the X-Men movies again, don't recall the Beast in the second one?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    He played the Beast in X3, just recently watched all the X-Men movies again, don't recall the Beast in the second one?
    Brief shot doing an interview on a TV in the background. I forget which scene it is on but the caption on the bottom of the TV screen has his name.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."