Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eaglemoss Sasquatch figurine

Default Eaglemoss Sasquatch figurine

The blog update from Eaglemoss today not only confirmed we will be seeing Walter down the road, it also gave a sneak peek of the computer model in the works!

Sasquatch will join Guardian (already released), Snowbird (releasing in November, I believe), Northstar (confirmed, but no images yet), hopefully Aurora (not quite confirmed, but heavily hinted at), and Puck (all but confirmed in the same post as Sas)!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sasquatch..gif 
Views:	237 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	538

For those of you checking this out for the first time somewhere down the road and the blog has moved on to other things, here's what it had to say today:

Our sneak peek for this update is a look at a Sasquatch figure. The image is from an early stage model of the character, focusing on the upper body. We’re working on Puck but have yet to decide if he’ll be included as a double pack (on a separate base or on the same base), or as a separate figurine.

The pose for Sasquatch was chosen after looking through virtually all Alpha Flight Vol.1 comics. We wanted to keep John Byrne’s original feel for the character and capture him in action. The character needs to show his animal side but not look too savage (after all Walter Langkowsk is a scientist). Obviously you can’t see the whole thing but I’ll aim to update again next week.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Maxwell View Post
    We wanted to keep John Byrne’s original feel for the character...
    Sooo glad they said that! (And it fits with the pic.) A lot of later artists draw him like they've never even looked at Byrne's Sas.

- Le Messor
    "Good supervision is the art of getting average people to do superior work."

Fantastic looking, this will be my first Eaglemoss.

Update! The full-sized sculpt along with our first look at Puck (I just started a thread for him). 'Squatch is a bit short, but the sculpt is awesome.

That is beyond awesome. Gonna get me one of those.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Painted and now on a separate base from Puck. Click to embiggen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FIG_sasquatch&puc&#1.gif 
Views:	154 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	553

Wow I love them, but I forget do you have to paint Eaglemoss figurines yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Wow I love them, but I forget do you have to paint Eaglemoss figurines yourself?
    The Eaglemoss figures come pre-painted. It's usually the smaller RPG figures from Reaper and the like that you have to do yourself.

Those look amazing! The folks at Eaglemoss do fantastic work.

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    The Eaglemoss figures come pre-painted. It's usually the smaller RPG figures from Reaper and the like that you have to do yourself.
    Well looks like I'll be ordering both then

Thanks,

These, The Snowbird and a new Guardian figure are definates (My grandson annihilated Guardian ). I hope they go on to complete the original Alphans. I like the idea of having the lot taking pride of place amongst my figures.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ho No! Not Again! Guardian died. This time by the hands of a todller!!! Just joking. That sucks when that happens. My son destroyed a Ghost Rider bust I had got for my B-Day a few years ago.

Forgive me, but where can you order these?

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Forgive me, but where can you order these?
    They haven't been released yet. I think they're due out in Britain in September, and the US/Canada gets them a few months later. Comic shops can order them via Diamond when they come out. I'm not sure if you can order them from the Eaglemoss site from North America.