Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northstar in X-Men: Hellbound #2

SPOILER

Cannonball defeats Northstar with a single punch, he out reacted the speedster. Dumb. However, who knows if he was at full power being possessed.

Well...

SPOILER:

If Jean Paul was possessed, perhaps the evil spirit possessing him doesn't actually know his powers yet. Although, I thought the heroes being affected by Limbo (Northstar, Gambit and Dazzler?) were being corrupted by Limbo, not really possessed?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    SPOILER

Cannonball defeats Northstar with a single punch, he out reacted the speedster. Dumb. However, who knows if he was at full power being possessed.
    My fanwank of choice is that Jean-Paul was fighting against the corrupting influence/mental domination of Death!Gambit. That's why he was fast enough and strong enough to sucker-punch the hell out of N'astirh, who was threatening his teammates and former students, but wasn't in top form going against Sam, and also why didn't fly after Sam to rip off Anole's arms and legs earlier in the book. There's precedent for him being able to hold out against that sort of thing back when he didn't kill Anole while under control of the Children of the Vault, so I'm going with Jean-Paul's stubborness being enough to keep him back from doing anything he'd really regret later.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Well...

SPOILER:

If Jean Paul was possessed, perhaps the evil spirit possessing him doesn't actually know his powers yet. Although, I thought the heroes being affected by Limbo (Northstar, Gambit and Dazzler?) were being corrupted by Limbo, not really possessed?

Dana
    Yeah poor choice of words, he was just corrupted not possessed.