Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Northstar in X-Men: Hellbound #2

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Whoops I forgot to get this, kind of nervous with Norhtstar finally getting all this face time and Marvel said there will be more deaths coming.
    You're not the only one. Of the crew going to Limbo, Pixie and Anole have arcs post-Second Coming, Dazzler has a one-shot coming out, Gambit and Sam are leading characters in other books, and Magik just got back from Limbo, so I doubt they're ditching her again so soon. Northstar and Trance, however, haven't shown up in any preview art or covers for the post-crossover Heroic Age (which isn't damning, as they're both generally minor characters anyway, but it's not putting me at ease either). That and...well, Yost has a reputation for mistaking "killing off little-used characters" for "dramatic storytelling". I think the only thing Northstar has in his corner is the fact that he was killed and resurrected within recent memory, so it'd be a bit soon to go back to that well. Poor Trance doesn't even have that, Yost loves to pick on the X-Kids, the fact that she doesn't even have a physical body in Limbo would make hers the most curve-ball (and thus "shocking") of possible deaths, and she shares a given name with the new mutant messiah, so I'd be most concerned for her. Considering, though, that this is a team made up of characters who had nothing else to do during this cross-over, could be grim either way. I'm just hoping that I'm giving Yost too little credit here.
    Last edited by suzene; 05-06-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Got it, but who is the big bad? Almost looks like Mephisto in his true demonic form.

Looks more like Magik's old baddie N'astirh to me.

Yeah your right, I completly forgot about him.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Yeah your right, I completly forgot about him.
    I had to look him up -- recognized the design, but not the name. Belasco and Sym tend to be the only ones I know by name.

Either way good on ya, I completly forgot about him.

Some preview pages are out today.

Looks alive to me, so far.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Some preview pages are out today.

Looks alive to me, so far.
    Actually, starting to have second thoughts about who might be wearing the crosshairs, given how hard Dazzler seems to be to actually kill these days. I don't recall if Yost was working on those Excalibur issues or not, tho'.

Still not a fan of that art.

I think the art is going to stop me taking a look at this. To my mind it seems pretty haphazard.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

*shrug* the art isn't great, but I've seen worse. Much worse.

- Le Messor
    "Hawaii is as American as apple poi."

Well, Northstar got a couple of good lines in but, seriously -- mind controlled again? Between Northstar and Wolverine, I'm beginning to wonder if Canadians in the MU are just particularly susceptible to mental domination.

Well at least he is consistent, but seriously thought getting rocked by Gambit? albet a cheap shot but still.

One issue to go, he's still not out of the hot water yet

I'm loving his mind-controlled look, actually. Looks so bad-ass!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    I'm loving his mind-controlled look, actually. Looks so bad-ass!
    Except now he looks like a drow elf. XD

Well I can enjoy this series more knowing that Northstar wont be killed in it. PHEW!