Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northstar in X-Men: Hellbound #2

Default Northstar in X-Men: Hellbound #2

The June solicits are out. Look for Northstar on the cover in the lower left corner.

X-Men: Hellbound #2

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Beat me to it. I admit, the fact that this is being written by Chris "Bodycounts Sell Books" Yost makes me a bit nervous. And the return of drow Gambit is very meh. But I'll at least flip through it on the racks to see what the art's like.

Good eye guys.

It's funny he has been on a few covers now, but didn't actually appear inside of the comic haha.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Good eye guys.

It's funny he has been on a few covers now, but didn't actually appear inside of the comic haha.
    I can think of:
    Nation X #1
    Uncanny X-Men #421
    Uncanny X-Men #437
    X-Men #140
    X-Men #188 (and sketch variant)
    X-Men #200 (two of the four covers)

Any others?

Love,
    rplass

I can't recall but did he appear inside of Uncany X-Men/Dark Avengers: Utopia#1?

See for yourself

(answer is yes, click on link to see two images)

What you might be thinking of is the fact that he's on that cover lying on the ground, defeated, while that never happened in the book.

Love,
    rplass

Yeah I remember now, he was just a stand-in and didn't do much but still was in it at least.

Thanks

The scenery and demons and such look fine, but I'm not a fan of the artist's facial expressions at all, especially on the men -- Sam and Jean-Paul look like department store mannequins.

I love what Harvey Tolibao did on the Snowbird one-shot so I'm really up on this one. Except for the rounded ears. Northstar has pointy ears, folks. Not an elf, just pointy ears!

Love,
    rplass

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Northstar has pointy ears, folks. Not an elf, just pointy ears!
    Amen!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    The scenery and demons and such look fine, but I'm not a fan of the artist's facial expressions at all, especially on the men -- Sam and Jean-Paul look like department store mannequins.
    I respectfully disagree.
    It's Gambit who looks the most like a mannequin to me. The way he's leaning stiffly, with his neck straight.
    I'm now looking for Whitman Knapp somewhere in the issue...

Jean-Paul just looks like a caricature of Superman.
    (I'm judging just by the banner image, not the actual pages here.)

- Le Messor
    "Gosseyn's intestinal fortitude strove to climb into his throat, and settled into position again only reluctantly ..."
    ~ A.E.van Vogt, The World of Null-A
    Last edited by Le Messor; 04-25-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Hellbound #1 was out today. Still not liking the art (though it suited Pixie surprisingly well). Northstar also mentions how many teammates he's lost recently, and is not impressed by Cannonball's leadership. I really can't say that I blame him.

I really dug this one! I have a lot of issues with Yost as a writer, but I think the biggest reason those things bug me is because, aside from them, I really like the stuff he (and Kyle) puts out and this is a good example of why. Just the start of a good story, leagues better than the other lackluster Second Coming issue to come out today. I love that, for such a seemingly random team of mutants, every single character had believable, compelling reasons to be there. Looking forward to issue 2!

Whoops I forgot to get this, kind of nervous with Norhtstar finally getting all this face time and Marvel said there will be more deaths coming.