Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snowbird in HERCULES: FALL OF AN AVENGER #1

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    The more I think on Northstar being there, the more I bet there was some arm-twisting done beforehand.

Northstar: Narya? What are you doing here...? Non. Absolutely not. There is no reason for me to be there.
    Snowbird: He stood as a friend to Marrina. More than a friend to me. And to you.
    Northstar: It was one night. Not even the entire night.
    Snowbird: But was it not a very fine night, Jean-Paul? One worthy of remembrance?
    Northstar: *sigh* Fine. After the year we have had, one more funeral will not kill me...
    Haha, yes. I love that she was the one who called him out on it, of COURSE she'd know. XD

Got it today and it was pretty good. Nice summary of past stories and nice little bits we have never heard before. Art at places was something to be desired, but still not bad.

Northstar scene was pretty funny, and glad it was Snowbird that called him out haha

Of course, I'm wondering about the "when" of Jean Paul and Herc's hookup. About the only time it could have happened (and Narya was around to be aware of it) would have been around the time of Namor and Marrina's wedding.

Could be, I wouldn't have even thought Hercules would be Northstar's type to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Could be, I wouldn't have even thought Hercules would be Northstar's type to be honest.
    If I squint, I can see it. If JP could go for Walter, I could see him being charmed by another big, hairy brute (even if he'd never admit to it). Or maybe the Atlantian wedding toasts just hit the speedster metabolism really hard.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    Northstar: *sigh* Fine. After the year we have had, one more funeral will not kill me...
    Depends on if it's one of his own or not.

- Le Messor
    "Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour."
    - Truman Capote

I've just read in another forum about Northstar's role in the issue and I gotta say I'm pretty surprised. A few things:

1) Hercules can be Northstar's type or don't you remember that it was clearly hinted that he and Hector (who resembles Hercules) had something years ago in an Incredible Hulk issue?

2) Hercules had sex with both men and women in classic mythology so it makes sense for Marvel's version of him.

3) I've read in the other forum that the only moment in which they could have had been "together" would be in the Alpha Flight/Avengers crossover during Mantlo's run. It makes sense.

I'm also glad Snowbird makes an appearance but it's a pity this is the only book in which she's been appearing for the last couple of years and only as some kind of guest star

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fan View Post
    1) Hercules can be Northstar's type or don't you remember that it was clearly hinted that he and Hector (who resembles Hercules) had something years ago in an Incredible Hulk issue?
    You mean the wedding of Rick and Marlo? JP's appearance in that always bugged me...

I mean, he's never met either of them, at least 'onscreen', so why'd he get invited?

- Le Messor
    "Give a skeptic an inch and he'll measure it."