Thread: Uncanny X-Men #522

Default Uncanny X-Men #522

Madison Jeffries appears in the comic set to release on March 17, by assisting in an operation to help Kitty.

Preview Images:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=24962

Haha I already added in to the calendar!

Once again, Jeffries is there to save the day, eh?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Very minor Northstar appearance in the last pages of the main feature, too -- one panel of helping Dazzler load handcuffed criminals into the back of a police van. Cameras rolling, natch.

What do people think of Jeffries and his ever increasing intellect?

I mention it a few times

time #1
    time #2
    time #3

Generally, it's nice to see him so smart, but it's out of character. At this point, it's been done now so many times that we just have to live with it. It's better than making him stupider or weaker or slower, so I'll take it but I'm not so thrilled. When he was 'dumber' he was pretty much a complete kick ass MOFO so why they had to smarten him up is beyond me.

Love,
    rplass

I've got no problem with just chalking it up to him being a quick learner, that he was always really smart, just uneducated and spending a few years chilling with crazy science types and machines rubbed off on him. It doesn't seem to have affected his personality or anything, after all (on the rare occasion we get to see it). Or his fashion sense.

Ah, yes, I referred to his fashion as "the simply wrong combination of lumberjack/research scientist"

He looked like a train engineer in this issue!

Love,
    rplas

I really do enjoy reading your articles. I laughed out loud when I saw the Jeffries pic and the caption underneath it "Whoa. Did you just say we are currently being observed from a super-normal dimensional envelope?"

On a sidenote did they ever explain how Jeffries gleaned engineering blueprints from Bochs' mind?

I have to wonder about his first few appearances in Volume 1 all those years ago (when he first meets Roger Bochs, after being invited to his home and then later when confronting Omega Flight)...Madison forms a robotic arm and hand in mid air after Roger throws a box of equipment at him and makes it wave. It looks like a perfectly functioning robotic arm, so that leads me to think he may be far brighter than he lets on (even back then).

If he's just a metal/glass/plastic sculptor with no engineering smarts, he couldn't have made a functioning robot (named "Roger"..LOL) out of a car a little bit later. He had already helped Bochs rebuild his Box robot by that point, but I doubt he could pick up such engineering skills so quickly...He must have had some mechanical/electronic knowledge/intuition before hand.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Not got the issue to hand but in UXM #505 where he joins, doesn't it mention something about him locking himself away and making himself smarter after his brainwashing by Weapon X

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Madison forms a robotic arm and hand in mid air after Roger throws a box of equipment at him and makes it wave. It looks like a perfectly functioning robotic arm, so that leads me to think he may be far brighter than he lets on (even back then).
    His powers were different in that particular issue. Basically, he wasn't a Magneto knock-off who could create anything out of anything; he could simply make artificial parts imitate himself. (He says so in the scene you describe.)
    It's never been brought up since, and I'll mention that again below.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    If he's just a metal/glass/plastic sculptor with no engineering smarts, he couldn't have made a functioning robot (named "Roger"..LOL)
    But he could have made one and kept changing its shape so that it ended up moving...
    Also, the name of that robot is... controversial. At one point, he calls it "Roger" (after Bochs, who was still alive at the time?), at another "Rover" (like it was a dog?). I've always favoured Rover. Because it's doggy, and like a 4wd. (Okay, I just figured out the 4wd just then.)

To the issue at hand:
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Men #522
    Madison: "We could mebbe start building an interstellar ark and --"
    Scott: "Box."
    Madison: "Sorry. Yeah."
    They played it for laughs, as though his suggestion wasn't serious. Which would be kinda funny...
    ... If he hadn't already done exactly that once, on his own, with far, far less time than he has this issue. (Which, with his original power set, should be unpossible.)

- Le Messor
    "Give a speculator an inch and he’ll build a condo."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Not got the issue to hand but in UXM #505 where he joins, doesn't it mention something about him locking himself away and making himself smarter after his brainwashing by Weapon X
    Yes ,that's what he said. I put up the actual quote here. It was never explained how he made himself smarter.

Love,
    rplass

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    But he could have made one and kept changing its shape so that it ended up moving...
    Also, the name of that robot is... controversial. At one point, he calls it "Roger" (after Bochs, who was still alive at the time?), at another "Rover" (like it was a dog?). I've always favoured Rover. Because it's doggy, and like a 4wd. (Okay, I just figured out the 4wd just then.)
    Mik, He left Roger/Rover to guard Omega Flight til the Mounties arrive and he went inside the mall to check on Alpha Flight...I really don't think he was making it move by changing it's shape, it must have had some sort of AI and ability to move on it's own in order to keep the bad guys from getting away.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Dana,

I never thought of that.
    Now I feel dumb. T2 moment!

- Le Messor
    "God gives us our relatives; thank God we can choose our friends."

He's made AI robots before, anyone remember the great and powerful Puckbot?

http://www.alphaflight.net/alphanex/...?title=Puckbot