Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever wanted to wear Guardian's suit?

Default Ever wanted to wear Guardian's suit?

Well now you can...

http://cgi.ebay.com/lycra-spandex-ze...item3ef94f33fb

I just found this while trolling ebay for one of those new Guardian figures. For $20 I may just purchase it for Halloween this year.

Heh, yah we were looking at these a few months ago http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...ight=halloween some other costumes there too.

My wife calls me a "geek" often enough as is, I'd hate to see what she called me if I came home wearing one of those!

Ooooo, they're back! I check eBay every so often for this costume, I'm sorely tempted to buy it.

I'm thinking of doing it just for Halloween this year. For the $45-50 I think it's worth it and it will also be a hell of a lot cheaper than past costumes.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

If only we could get them tailor-made, so they looked more like the 'real thing'. Or even better than the real thing...
    Nah, I'm not a huge U2 fan.

- Le Messor
    "The most pleasant and useful persons are those who leave some of the problems of the universe for God to worry about."
    - Don Marquis

Spandex suits are always such a let down on real people....

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Spandex suits are always such a let down on real people....
    Not always.

I've always loved the "prompting from earth" thing Guardian did a couple of times.
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SNOWCHILD View Post
    I've always loved the "prompting from earth" thing Guardian did...
    Perhaps you refer to the 'stopping relative to the Earth, so it spins out from under him'? A power unique in that, while he did use it more than once, it was never in the series (at least, not for a long, long time; I think they broke that record eventually, maybe post v1).

- Le Messor
    "Funny. 'Cause I look around at this world you're so eager to be a part of... and all I see is six billion lunatics looking for the fastest ride out. Who's not crazy? Look around. Everyone's drinking, smoking, shooting up... shooting each other, or just plain screwing their brains out 'cause they don't want 'em anymore. *I'm* crazy? Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind. 'Cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts." - Glory

Le Messor, I was referring to the cover of the X-Men issue where Guardian first appeared in the Marvel universe.
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

Images

Oh, that... That was cool! Come to think of it, with the other half of my rambling, did he ever do that in Alpha Flight? Or just the once in X-Men?

Can you imagine the surprise parties you could throw?

- Le Messor
    "Genius is never understood in its own time."
    - Calvin

just off the top of my head, I think he did it once more around issue #11 (maybe) and somehting is nagging at me he might have done it again around 100 when he was cyborgie

Images

I'm pretty sure you're misremembering the #11 one. I just checked, and he doesn't seem to use it before #12. #11 & 12, his scenes are in the air or in a building.
    I could've been more thorough, though -- maybe I missed something.

- Le Messor
    "Get outta here before I get arrested."
    ~ Groucho

I'm getting confused, are we talking about the bursting out of the ground thing he did in UXM #109 or the using the suits powers to seemingly transport himself? (Putting himself at rest to the earths rotation etc?)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

Bursting out of the ground. (I'd thought the 'teleportation' one, but I was wrong.)

- Le Messor
    "Are you kidding? His diapers were tweed."
    ~ Buffy, about Giles

I only remember him doing that in 109, can't recall any other time.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!