Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reviews Guideline & Wanted List

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Have a look at the reviews section on the home page. Anything that's not yet reviewed, please feel free to do one. It's nice to have the perspective of a new fan on the older books, rather than we jaded oldies
    Hey! I am not a jaded oldie! I may be a communist and a liar and a tenor and a goose and a jaded oldie, but I am not a communist!

Ben/Phil, any chance of a top ten list of reviews you'de like?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    Ben/Phil, any chance of a top ten list of reviews you'de like?
    Well, it's certainly nothing set in stone. What we'd like to see is eventually is all essential issues reviewed. However for the moment the REALLY essential stuff as Phil and I see it is the early AF stuff. So starting with the X-Men appearances, moving into the top twelve isssues, then then next twelve. This being since the new series is focusing on rebuilding the Byrne era, new readers will want a reference, and if possible we want to be the best source for it. So since Mik did X-Men 109, Del did 120 121, and Mrfurious87 did #1, the next priority will be #2 through 12 of vol 1. In the mean time if any new significan appearances come out that are worth reviewing, that would be grand.

Yeah, the main aim in my head was really trying to get the Byrne material linked so that anyone completely new to AF, coming in just because of Pak/Van Lente/Eaglesham will have some idea of the backstory and maybe something to spark a desire to buy them.

With the upcoming release of Marvel Premiere Classic containing UXM #109, 120-121, 139-140, X-Men & Alpha Flight #1-2 and X-Men/Alpha Flight #1-2 the week before Volume 4 #0.1 I wanted to get those available to people who were on the fence about buying the HC. The Raab series being the least important of them.

Another idea was having a review of Volume 2 #1 and Volume 3 #1, though maybe not putting them on the front page. More having them available as a resource rather than news.
    When Volume 4 kicks in and we're reviewing them on a regular basis I don't want the whole front page to turn into reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    With the upcoming release of Marvel Premiere Classic containing UXM #109, 120-121, 139-140, X-Men & Alpha Flight #1-2 and X-Men/Alpha Flight #1-2 the week before Volume 4 #0.1 I wanted to get those available to people who were on the fence about buying the HC. The Raab series being the least important of them.
    I can see the logic in that. I'm quite happy to do 139-140 unless someone else is interested?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Canada's Top Superhero New Recruit

I'll tell you something crazy. I read all of the reviews flightpath07 wrote for the first 100 issues, and the ones he absolutely hated... I actually liked. That being said, I've fallen for the characters Madison, Purple Girl, Manikin and other than the female Sasquatch stuff, I really enjoy this little storyline. I will admit right now, the one thing I cannot stand, is how much of a downer they made Puck. Puck doubts himself, and gets treated like the Princess gets treated in all the old Mario games. It just doesn't make any sense.

But yes. Perhaps I shall review some stuff soon.

EDIT: I am currently on #71.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMountie View Post
    EDIT: I am currently on #71.
    So THAT's what you're on. We've been wondering.

I could possibly do the 2-4 arc?

- Le Messor
    "I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then you could keep both Dracula AND Superman away."

Mic, if you're happy doing the series stuff I'll stick to peripheral. Only problem I have is not being able to stick to the comic at hand. I read 120-121 then took a look at 123 etc.
    Del

Images

Mic, if you're happy doing the series stuff I'll stick to peripheral. Only problem I have is not being able to stick to the comic at hand. I read 120-121 then took a look at 123 etc.
    Well, I've been doing peripheral stuff so far, so I don't mind sticking to that.
    I just volunteered for these because they seem a little more urgent.
    Also, I'm on the tail-end of a five-day weekend (Easter and ANZAC day at the same time). I can almost afford the time!

Also, you volunteered for UX 139-140.

- Le Messor
    "I wish life was not so short," he thought. "Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

I'm just coming off a four day break which is why I've had a lot more time on my hands. I have three days back at work then Friday off cos some silly beggars getting married. So my times curtailed until Friday. I think if we can get 139-140, a few more of series 1 and the two limiteds done over the next few weeka then the urgency may diminish. That said I reread your review of 'The Gift'? which suggests that it's only the second X-Men AF limited that needs looking at?
    Del

Images

That said I reread your review of 'The Gift'? which suggests that it's only the second X-Men AF limited that needs looking at?
    Maybe... but that was part of a review of a larger work.

I'm about to work up #s 2 -4.

- Le Messor
    "I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness", but it doesn't work."
    ~ Gallagher