Thread: Calendar

Lightbulb Calendar

Hey Folks,

You may notice a new link on the navigation bar at the top of the forum that says Calendar. This application is useful for adding events such as issue release dates ect. See Feb. 3rd as an example. Everyone should be able to add items here.

If there are any questions, let me know. I added images, unfortunately at this point I can't get it to attach (upload) images in this section, so I uploaded them into my personal album in My Profile, and just linked the thumbnail image to it there, and had a URL link to the full size image...

Ben

OK I put two events up too, to test it (see Feb 24 2010). Yeah the image upload was a snudge so I quit halfway through. You might want to post a little tutorial, step by step how to get images up on the site. Once you have the attachments working it will be far less cumbersome.

EDIT: The calendar is not accessible from the main page.

From the Home page, you can click on

Welcome to Alpha Flight.net, News, Issue Summaries, Interviews, Gallery (all fixed content by the admins)

From the Forum page, you can click on

New Posts, Private Messages, FAQ, Calendar, Community, Forum Actions, Quick Links

Wouldn't it make sense to put the Calendar onto the Home page? Just sayin.

Love,
    rplass
    Last edited by rplass; 01-30-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Yes, I will be adding a calendar Tab, with Home, Forum, Blogs, What's New...I didn't want to make it a main feature until I had a chance to mess with it a bit.

A tutorial is a good idea for the images. I'll take some screen-shots etc. if it turns out attaching images in the calendar won't work. I should be able to get it going, as attaching images works for forum posts and for writing articles, I may need to mess with the code for a bit... I'll plug away at that this evening.