Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Lil in X-Force

Default Diamond Lil in X-Force

Well, looks like Lil isn't having the best of time in X-Force! But at least we know Madison still remembers her!

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...d=1657&page=12

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...d=1657&page=13
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Did they just kill Lil? Oh lord Marvel truely does hate Alpha Flight

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That would be #23, right?
    Hmm... from that Necrosha crossover that has the Lost Boys poster. Kewl.

- Le Messor
    "My own brother! A (...) vampire! Ooh, you wait 'til Mom finds out!"
    - Corey

Well, it certainly continues her tradition of being random mutant canon fodder, sigh. But oddly, seeing as it's the most panel time she's had since AF volume 2 ended, I can't actually be that upset.

I still don't get how she even got choked out to be honest.

Check the pic again KM you can see a black aura around, I guess that's Selene's hand. I assume she used her death touch to kill her. Of course, Selene might just bring her back from the dead, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M-
    I still don't get how she even got choked out to be honest.
    The girl that "choked" her is Mortis. She has a death touch. Should have known that seeing Lil in X-Force wasn't a good thing... those guys have a reputation. I was just hoping that they were closet Alpha Flight fans, not writers setting up mutant redshirts for this story.
    Sigh...

Chris Yost just dropped this little tidbit over at CBR:

Keep an eye out for Nation X #3 for more Box/Diamond Lil.
    So at least her death hopefully won't be completely out of the blue/never referenced again.

I know, but technically her death touch wouldn't even make contact with Lil though due to her bio-aura.

I know, but technically her death touch wouldn't even make contact with Lil though due to her bio-aura.
    Well according to her Marvel bio, her aura merely toughens her body on the molecular level, it doesn't stop contact.

Diamond Lil’s body generates a bio-aura of nigh-impenetrable energy that permeates her molecular structure to grant her skin durability akin to that of diamond. Though able to deflect most forms of physical or energy-based impacts, Lil still feels the force of such blows. Similarly, Lil’s bio-aura also affords her protection against temperature extremes. Her nails and hair are similarly permeated, even after being removed from her body. Lil’s bio-aura limits her sense of touch.

Remember during AF#74 when Spider-Man fought Lil and shot her with his webs? They didn't stick to her as the bio-aura prevented it. She has commented she cant "feel" things anymore due to the bio-aura preventing it.

Yup, but I'm betting Kyle and Yost don't even know about that story and are interpreting her power as just diamond-hard skin. Not trying to argue with you, just pointing out that, going by her Marvel bio, there's nothing there to say her aura has a forcefield-like effect preventing touch. Most likely the writers are treating it as if she's just invulnerable to injury so they use a death touch to get around that.
    If anything, I'm more pissed off that, with all Lil's martial arts training, Mortis was able to just grab her throat so easily. DL couldn't block her attack? Couldn't at least get a punch in? It's just another instance of throwing an AF character under the bus to make the bad guys look dangerous. And, I'm thinking, to get rid of them so there can't be a new AF book.

Her bios also say she doesn't have super strength, but we know that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Chris Yost just dropped this little tidbit over at CBR:

Keep an eye out for Nation X #3 for more Box/Diamond Lil.
    So at least her death hopefully won't be completely out of the blue/never referenced again.
    There a link for the quote at all?

Her bios also say she doesn't have super strength, but we know that isn't the case.
    Yup, but like I said, the writers are probably going by the bio more than they would old AF stories.