Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardian Cameo

Default Guardian Cameo

Guardian has a small, one-panel flashback cameo on page 5 in the up-coming Incredible Hulk #606. You can view it here...
    http://forum.alphaflight.net/posting...e=newtopic&f=1
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Um... that's the wrong link...

So... what's the cameo? What's the context? Bunch of random superheroes, or some sort of flashback?

- Mik
    "Putting off an easy thing makes it hard. Putting off a hard thing makes it impossible."
    - W.G.P.

Nice, so a flashback of this, which Guardian appears on the cover

Look again, you can also see Snowbird, Sasquatch and Northstar on that cover, too!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Ah, actually, that issue was published when he was still known as Vindicator, so technically it's a Vindicator cameo not a Guardian cameo, but we all know what OP meant!!!

Love,
    rplass

Yep I see them, I was more just referencing Guardian as he was in the flaskback peice

Images

The whole team was inside. In New York. Including Snowbird...
    (But she didn't shapeshift.)

- Le Messor
    "Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep; if only our wallets would do the same!"
    - P.K. Shaw

Yes, and all in one panel! Note they call themselves "Alpha-Flight" with a hyphen. Also there's more "all white" hair for the twins:

Why Sasquatch is speaking and not Vindicator: likely because Hulk readers would be more familiar with Sasquatch, seeing as how they fought in issue #272 and in the Hulk Annual #8.

Love,
    rplass

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Note they call themselves "Alpha-Flight" with a hyphen. Also there's more "all white" hair for the twins:
    Why Sasquatch is speaking and not Vindicator:
    Well, they didn't call them-selves- that...
    I figure Vindicator did speak, just not on-panel. Good reason, tho', rplass!

- Le Messor
    "A little nonense now and then is relished by the wisest man."
    - Roald Dahl.

If I recall, Vindicator did speak before Sasquatch. I guess Sas got to speak was, because at the time it was considered that he became Sas due to a similar accident that created the Hulk.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    If I recall, Vindicator did speak before Sasquatch. I guess Sas got to speak was, because at the time it was considered that he became Sas due to a similar accident that created the Hulk.
    "Accident"... sure. Why not?

'On-screen', there's just a single panel of the team, with Sas telling the Hulk they have a lot in common... Unless Vindicator is way before. I didn't re-read the whole issue, just checked the Alpha page. (And any I saw while looking for them.)

- Le Messor
    "Out of the crooked timber of humanity no straight thing can ever be made."
    - Immanuel Kant

If I remember, that story is a two parter, it may be #280 that has a more substantial appearence by Alpha. The agg to dig out those issues is way to much. So I shall rely on the more knowledgeble members to clarify
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

They're in the previous 2 issues, but my memory can't clarify how much they're actually involved.

Here are my notes from an old Excel file I found:

Incredible Hulk 277 Nov 1982 Vindicator (Mac), Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar, Aurora

All appear in 1 panel on p6, all have speaking lines. They view the Hulk on a TV screen and discuss rescuing him. Vindicator incorrectly refers to his team as, "Alpha-Flight". What's with that hyphen?

Incredible Hulk 278 Dec 1982 Vindicator (Mac), Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird

This is the 1st "Hulk Amnesty" issue. Alpha Flight (without the twins) appear on a beautiful 2pg splash panel featuring most every hero in the Marvel Universe, as the Hulk accepts his amnesty on the White House lawn. Vindicator shown in 1 additional panel on p15, flying to battle invading flying saucers. Sasquatch shown in 1 additional panel on p17, running to battle the grounded saucers.

Incredible Hulk 279 Jan 1983 Vindicator (Mac), Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar, Aurora

This is the 2nd "Hulk Amnesty" issue. Vindicator, Sasquatch, Snowbird and Northstar on the cover. Vindicator and Northstar's foot appear on the 1st page splash panel, and the Alphas on the cover appear again on a 2pg splash on pp2-3 flying in to the reception area. Sasquatch has a spoken line in the last panel of p6, and appears very tiny on p15. All 6 appear in 1panel on p16 at the podium, where Sasquatch speaks for the group, apparently since he'd be the only Alphan known to Hulk readers (see Annual #8 and issues #272 and #273). Northstar and Aurora are drawn with white hair.

Love,
    rplass