Thread: Eaglemoss Snowbird figurine

Default Eaglemoss Snowbird figurine

A work in progress. Release date in the UK is November 3rd, about 2-3 months later in the US and Canada.

Ooh, from that little lead statue series with the magazines! I ordered Banshee back when it came out, and I really liked it, I'll definitely have to pick this one up.

I don't like the face - it doesn't resemble Narya so much - but the body is astonishing.

Aside from technical considerations, big kudos to the renewed popularity of SNOWBIRD!
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

I've heard whispers of a Sasquatch and maybe a Northstar/Aurora double pack. Any news on these? Out of the loop for a while, have I missed anything of interest?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah, that's a cool figure! Agree on the face, but it looks a little more Indian to me, for some unknown reason, so I'm ferrit.

- Le Messor
    "I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles."
    - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Yeah, that's a cool figure! Agree on the face, but it looks a little more Indian to me, for some unknown reason, so I'm ferrit.

- Le Messor
    "I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles."
    - G.K. Chesterton
    Yeah, she looks more... "proud" and "aggressive", somewhat.

Am excited about this, I already have a few of the figurines.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    I've heard whispers of a Sasquatch and maybe a Northstar/Aurora double pack. Any news on these? Out of the loop for a while, have I missed anything of interest?
    Nothing confirmed on any other AF members. The editor of the series has expressed a lot of interest in doing a twins two-pack, Sasquatch or a Sasquatch/Puck two-pack. Hopefully we'll hear something before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Maxwell View Post
    Nothing confirmed on any other AF members. The editor of the series has expressed a lot of interest in doing a twins two-pack, Sasquatch or a Sasquatch/Puck two-pack. Hopefully we'll hear something before too long.
    Why not an Alpha Flight pack? The original team...

Eaglemoss still isn't sure the two-pack idea works (they've released two so far, Charles Xavier and Lilandra & Ka-Zar and Zabu), and they aren't interested in doing team packs at this point. Pretty unlikely we'll ever see one for any team.

No sneak-peek yet, but a Northstar figure has been confirmed as upcoming for the Eaglemoss Marvel line.

Confirmed here.
    Last edited by suzene; 03-13-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Fixed link.

Richard the Editor from Eaglemoss has confirmed Northstar's inclusion in the current extension of 20 figures, but is still allowing that the figure may be pulled out of production if the company green-lights another two pack so he can be made with his sister Aurora. Either way it's a win win scenario if you're a collector of these awesome figures or an Alpha Flight fan (both of which I happen to be).

Richard also recently said that he's considering a two pack of Sasquatch and Puck as well, but that too will be dependent on whether or not he company will continue making the two packs at all. Sasquatch due to his size will be the same size as the Gorilla Grodd figurine from the DC collection (a very hefty figure btw).

As for the Snowbird sculpt - in a desert you don't turn down the only water going. It is a beautiful start and not yet completed, though in this scale many of the female figures faces are a little (hmnn...how best to say it?) Man - ish. Trust me this is good one.
    Marvel, it's time to put the Canada back in Alpha Flight. Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, Talisman, Persuasion, Sasquatch, Yukon Jack, are all completely viable - time to ditch US Agent and Mchael Pointer.