Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some points about Snowbird

Default Some points about Snowbird

As you can see by yourself, I'm a huge fan of Snowbird.

Well, let's go straight to the points (no pun intended):

1- Wikipedia: "When she takes the form of an animal whose mass and volume are less than those of a human being, she became a human-sized version of that animal."

This is obvious BS. It's not true. I've always assumed Narya can "shrink" in the same way she can "enlarge" herself in order to replicate a given animal. When she converts into an owl, it's not a human-sized owl, it's an "ordinary" looking owl. Or not? I'm confused a bit.

2- I assume her new body came from some cells of her former body STILL left on Earth. So technically, it was a sort of spontaneous, mystical clonation which generated a new body, identical to the previous one.

This doesn't explain why Wanda managed to come back as Walter, being Snowbird's original body the one he was using. Maybe, shapeshifting capabilities combined with some mystical will? Snowbird's spirit did it.

3- We know Narya's hidden, default appearance is that of a "monster". Only the face or even the body? We just "spotted" her monster face, never the body. Or not?
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

Snowbird always has been able to change into much bigger and much smaller forms. Sasquatch, wolf, rabbit, lots of big and small, never a big rabbit or wolf, and no small sasquatch and such.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default Re: Some points about Snowbird

1. That was actually from her old bio created by Marvel, but when they released it they were pretty vague on Snowbird's abilities as no one knew really what she could do. Were still learning new stuff even today

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Snowbird always has been able to change into much bigger and much smaller forms. Sasquatch, wolf, rabbit, lots of big and small, never a big rabbit or wolf, and no small sasquatch and such.
    This is my point too.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M-
    1. That was actually from her old bio created by Marvel, but when they released it they were pretty vague on Snowbird's abilities as no one knew really what she could do. Were still learning new stuff even today
    I think we should edit the article by ourselves, that is a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by SNOWCHILD
    I think we should edit the article by ourselves, that is a big mistake.
    On wikipedia? By all means, anyone can edit it.

If anyone was wondering this is what her bios said in the handbooks about the size thing: "When she took the form of an animal whose mass and volume were less than that of a human being, she became a human sized version of that animal. When she took the form of an animal whose mass and volume were greater then that of a human being, she gained additional mass, which she shed upon returning to human form"

This is so wrong. She always morphed into a standard-sized owl, as well as small animals.

This is so wrong. She always morphed into a standard-sized owl, as well as small animals.
    Generally going to normal sized animals was considered an error back then, as majority of the time she transformed into human sized versions. Like I said only until recently have we been seeing more of her able to change sizes of creatures such as the huge bird in Incredible Hercules, the tiny mouse in Wolverine: First Class, etc. That bio entry was stated a few times to be her powers, but of course isn't the case now.

Generally going to normal sized animals was considered an error back then, as majority of the time she transformed into human sized versions. Like I said only until recently have we been seeing more of her able to change sizes of creatures such as the huge bird in Incredible Hercules, the tiny mouse in Wolverine: First Class, etc. That bio entry was stated a few times to be her powers, but of course isn't the case now.
    I remember that in the X-Men issues prior to the Alpha Flight regular title (see the "saga" of Wendigo) and then on the ordinary 1983 AF series she morphed into a small owl, not a gigantic human-sized owl.

In UXM #140 she turned into a human sized owl and a human sized wolverine, but she didn't turn into a small owl there. Also yes in the main series she turned into a normal sized owl once or twice, but that was considered to be a mistake back then. Now, we know she can adjust the animals size at will.

In UXM #140 she turned into a human sized owl and a human sized wolverine, but she didn't turn into a small owl there. Also yes in the main series she turned into a normal sized owl once or twice, but that was considered to be a mistake back then. Now, we know she can adjust the animals size at will.
    So you're right, both the assumptions are true, she can change her animal size at will.

Anything about the other points?

Yes, the organic source of her new body DOES appear to be continuity error, since Walter is in her old body. The recent OHOTMU hardcover issue explains her resurrection by A.I.M. as a combination of science and magic. That's vague, but good enough for me. Honestly, I'm not really bothered by the explanation, and actually, I'm thrilled when anyone bothers to resurrect any Alpha Flight member.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Yes, the organic source of her new body DOES appear to be continuity error, since Walter is in her old body. The recent OHOTMU hardcover issue explains her resurrection by A.I.M. as a combination of science and magic. That's vague, but good enough for me. Honestly, I'm not really bothered by the explanation, and actually, I'm thrilled when anyone bothers to resurrect any Alpha Flight member.

Love,
    rplass
    Well, it could be a twisted combination between clonation (body) and magic (spirit), to "replicate" Snowbird the way she was in the beginning.

"The recent OHOTMU hardcover issue explains her resurrection by A.I.M."

What? Please, explain me.

If it's the entry Im thinking he is refering to all they say is: "Snowbird's spirit occasionaly returned to Earth until she was resurrected through a combination of science and magic by the terriosit origanization Advanced Idea Mechanics, Rescued by Alpha Flight, she rejoined the team."

Also interesting to note from that entry they also say, "Snowbird formerely weakened severely outside of Canada's borders"

If it's the entry Im thinking he is refering to all they say is: "Snowbird's spirit occasionaly returned to Earth until she was resurrected through a combination of science and magic by the terriosit origanization Advanced Idea Mechanics, Rescued by Alpha Flight, she rejoined the team."

Also interesting to note from that entry they also say, "Snowbird formerely weakened severely outside of Canada's borders"
    Makes sense, really.