Thread: CBR Utopia Fraction Interview

Default CBR Utopia Fraction Interview

Matt Fraction quotes "Fantomex isn't the only character Fraction is hoping to provide with more screen time in upcoming issues of "Uncanny X-Men." "One of the most difficult things about writing this book is getting everybody to this place. The long range plan to get everybody here had some prime movers at the heart of it, while other characters have kind of receded, come forward, and gone back. Northstar has been one of those characters. He's shown up for action sequences but hasn't had much stage time because of the nature of the story," Fraction explained. "Coming out of 'Second Coming,' there's an opportunity for more. Things rotate around and you'll get more time for Northstar and some other characters. Plus, I think after 'Second Coming' our focus is going to narrow a little bit in terms of who our primary characters are."

Translation: "It's taken me about a year to figure out that I can't write books with 35 main characters every month. I need to reduce the number of characters in each book, focus on individual characters to develop them and therefore retain their relevance, and establish a core group within Uncanny so that Legacy and Astonishing can start to make sense, too."
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Seeing as Second Coming isn't going to be done until halfway through 2010, though, who knows what's actually going to wind up happening.

Arn't we getting a tad crazy with the comic events? What happened with the major comic book events happening a few years apart

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

[quote="-K-M-"]Arn't we getting a tad crazy with the comic events? What happened with the major comic book events happening a few years apart?/quote]

Well, this thing came in called 'money,' and they decided they could make more of it by 'forcing' readers to buy a dozen comics a month just to keep up with one.

I've been known to stop reading titles during the crossover issues; my favourite was when I was reading the crossovers, and I realised I had X-Factor #s 85 and 87 (for example, dunno the actual numbers) for two different crossovers -- leaving the series one issue for its own stories.

- Le Messor
    "The only place you can find both time AND money is on the dark side of the moon."