Thread: Marvel Theme Park

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Marvel Theme Park

Okay, so Scott, who, like, you totally don't know, went to Orlando and went to the Marvel theme park there, and he was all, like Wiaow! an he sent all this, y'know pics 'n' stuff...

Then I saw this one...

An' I totally, thought, hey, wish I could link str8 2 pix in the forum base, but then I was, like, hey that is so Sassy and Heather!

- LM
    "He who looks outside dreams.
    He who looks inside awakens."
    - Carl Jung

Like, cool! I was like, all, "cool!"

The amusement park you are talking about is Marvel Superhero Island at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. It's one of the more puzzling aspects of the new Disney/Marvel deal, as it's unlikely that Disney will be building "MarvelLand" at its DisneyWorld amusement park on the other side of town from the Universal Studios park and it's equally unlikely that Universal Studios will spontaneously dismantle their Marvel section.

There's a good article about it here in Orlando Attractions Magazine.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Like, cool! I was like, all, "cool!"
    There's a good article about it here in Orlando Attractions Magazine.
    Love,
    rplass
    Yah, that'd be the one.
    The pics are only in the gift shop, but still they're there.

Ooh, last night I was playing Marvel Trivia... When one of the questions they asked me started with 'After Beta Flight...' everyone groaned, knowing I'd get it (the rest was '... what team did Radius move to?').

That's kindo bizarro, that article... I like that some of it came from The Sentinel. (btw... if you get rid of the space 'tween = and http://, it'll work better...)

- Le Messor
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    - George Bernard Shaw

yeah, that islands of adventures in universal orlando. i live in florida and go there with the kids a few times a year. the hulk is one of the best rollercoasters i have ever been on, the spiderman ride is pretty cool, and the doom ride is a free fall ride which is pretty cool. they did a really good job of making it look like a comic book as some of the art all around is by jim lee and others.

i was wondering what would happen as well, i'm sure once the licensing agreement ends, they will not re-new it will which will really put iniversal in a bind as it is the most popular area of islands of adventure.