Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cup o' Joe Poll

Default Cup o' Joe Poll

There's a poll on Joe Q's column at CBR here asking fans to vote for the title they want to see brought back. Alpha Flight is one of them, so get out and vote. Remember you can vote every day. This poll may mean nothing, but we should let Marvel at least hear us, right?

EDIT: Joe also reveals some news about what is happening with the AF Vol. 2 Classic Trade.
    The honest answer, Shrimp Lad, is that "Alpha Flight Classic Vol. 2" is on hold right now.

Thanks Legerd, we are in a narrow 3rd place! MORE VOTES!!!!

Ben

We are now in second and (at the time I went to the site) one vote off of being tied for first. Let's tell Joe that Alpha Flight should be the next title Marvel brings back!

I just voted. We're in first place!

Yay!

Yay also because I can see Mister Jeffries in the preview inks for Nation X #1 and I can see Northstar in the preview for Uncanny #517 on that same page.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

1. Alpha Flight (105 votes), 2. Generation X (96 votes)*

*at the time I voted

I voted and were still in first place with 111 votes!

1st place, 123 votes, leading by a margin of 17 votes.

Dang it! I'd LOVE to see the WCA return too, but NOT at the expense of AF! I paused for a millisecond before voting for Flight;does that make me a bad person?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

voted, we are in first place by 36 votes now.

Alpha Flight is really the only group in the list that deserves a come-back.

Gen X was good, but it had it's time...And do we really need another X-Title now?

West Coast Avengers was also good, but the only logical way to bring it back would be to dissolve of the 50 State Initiative. It wouldn't fit into Marvel's current team set-up in the States.

The Loners and Slingers ended with dismal sales (Loners being canned very recently too)...Loners was a sad attempt to expand on the New Warriors idea. I think it's best to go back to the basics with the New Warriors. Mostly original line-up with some new blood thrown in (hence allowing them to qualify for the name "New" Warriors).

Again...Alpha is the only group that is a necessity and deserves a renewal...

Fans want them back and in the comics, Canada has no real team to defend it now (Omega Flight has gone the way of the dodo). I also think a back-to-basics approach (with most or all of the original members) is the way to go. Perhaps the hook could be that they're all damaged/dysfunctional in some way and based all over Canada(as they were in Byrne's run)...Maybe: Heather and Puck could be dealing with long-term injuries and the impact of losing months in comas, Aurora could return with various personalities in conflict (maybe even an immoral, dark side emerging). Snowbird is even more of an ice queen, detached from her former team-mates and friends...Sasquatch could be still hurting from his possession by Tanaraq, unsure of his transformations and his role on the team (as each recent team he's been a part of has "died" in some way, perhaps he could blame himself whether it's rational or not).

Dana

EDIT: BTW, I've voted several times now...Yay, we're still in the lead!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Just voted.

Alpha with 158 votes
    Gen X with 113
    WCA with 98

Alpha's definitely the most deserving of the bunch. Generation X needs for its characters to make a comeback, just not necessarily as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Alpha's definitely the most deserving of the bunch. Generation X needs for its characters to make a comeback, just not necessarily as a team.
    I don't know...The only Gen X characters still in the spotlight are M and Emma Frost. Husk is hanging around somewhere (just not featured much anymore)...Skin, Synch and Banshee are all dead (some or all will be back as Techno-zombies in X-Necrosha storyline, but they probably won't be back permanently), Jubilee is back in the X-books (formerly in New Warriors), Chamber/Decibel is still in the New Warriors (I think) and Pennance or Hollow, or whatever she's called now is in limbo.

That doesn't leave much of them for a come back.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I would imagine they would look at mostly a new crop of Gen-Xers if it came to that.

I just voted. We in 1st place. If Joe Q turns and says there was an off list vote that beat Alpha I will be mad. Hopefully Fred Ven Lente can write it. Rock the vote people
    I also this is a serious Alpha series

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    I don't know...The only Gen X characters still in the spotlight are M and Emma Frost. Husk is hanging around somewhere (just not featured much anymore)...Skin, Synch and Banshee are all dead (some or all will be back as Techno-zombies in X-Necrosha storyline, but they probably won't be back permanently), Jubilee is back in the X-books (formerly in New Warriors), Chamber/Decibel is still in the New Warriors (I think) and Pennance or Hollow, or whatever she's called now is in limbo.

That doesn't leave much of them for a come back.

Dana
    This is Marvel, there's always chances for a comeback. XD Jubilee and Husk are both set to be popping back up shortly, M and Emma are around, and I'm crossing my fingers for Banshee to stick around after Necrosha (not getting my hopes up, mind, it's been a long enough three years as is), with Chamber and Hollow also still kicking around in limbo, I'd say they're doing decently, considering Gen X has always seemed like the X-Titles' red-headed stepchild. Heck, even 616 Blink is back.

That said, I think it'd be lame if they forced the old gang together solely for nostalgia reasons (see: New Mutants), since it just wouldn't make sense for them to come back together, given all that's happened.