Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Astonishing Tales: Snowbird one-shot

Just because most of the Beasts were killed, doesn't mean they can't somehow be revived....Look at Somon and the original 6, they've been killed and revived a number of times now.

Snowbird killed Somon in AF Vol 1 #24 and he was back later in Vol 1, even Tanaraq/Sasquatch has been killed and returned. The rest of the ancient Great Beasts could also return (as we have seen).

I actually liked the two new Great Beasts, they were very much in line with what Byrne had established the Beasts would look and act like.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I took it only avatars of the Great Beasts were killed on Earth, while the "true" forms of them are in the Realm of the Beasts.

but yeah I liked the two new great beasts

Narya killed Somon in the realm of the Beasts, not on Earth.

Ranaq and Tanaraq/Sasquatech were destroyed on Earth, but they did not appear in issue #24 (When Alpha went to the realm of the Beasts), so Shaman stating that they were destroyed utterly would appear to be true (however, they appeared again later in Vol 1 of Alpha Flight).

Kolomaq was merely imprisoned by Narya (but he also didn't appear in issue 24).

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 03-12-2010 at 03:45 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Narya killed Somon in the realm of the Beasts, not on Earth.
    Positive that was an avatar as he even showed he could make avatars in the issue he "died" in.

Ranaq and Tanaraq/Sasquatech were destroyed on Earth, but they did not appear in issue #24 (When Alpha went to the realm of the Beasts), so Shaman stating that they were destroyed utterly would appear to be true (however, they appeared again later in Vol 1 of Alpha Flight).[/b]
    I don't think Ranaq truely died more banished, as he did appear again during the Pestlience arc. Also Tanaraq wasn't turely killed it was Sasquatch with Tanaraq's mind inside of him. Similar to what happened in Omega Flight.

Kolomaq was merely imprisoned by Narya (but he also didn't appear in issue 24).
    He appeared in X-Man and they said he escaped from the Realm of the Beasts, but yeah Snowbird didn't kill him.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I actually liked the two new Great Beasts, they were very much in line with what Byrne had established the Beasts would look and act like.
    I'd disagree with that, kind of.
    They act like the GBs, but that just means 'evil, destructive, and careless', but that's a pretty general description.
    They both have the design iconography of Kolomaq (and to a lesser extent, Somon); but very few of the Byrning Great Beasts look anything like each other, so by looking like them, they don't look like them.
    It makes sense if you're me.

It's like Weird Al's song Ringtone. It's the first song I've ever heard that's meant to sound like Queen that doesn't just sound like Bohemian Rhapsody. Sure, that's a Queen song, but their style is so wide and varied that every other Queen style-parody should be called a BoRhap style parody.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    I took it only avatars of the Great Beasts were killed on Earth, while the "true" forms of them are in the Realm of the Beasts.
    The messages above are making me less certain, but I got from #24 that that only applied to Tundra.

- Le Messor
    "Genius is the talent of a man who is dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    The messages above are making me less certain, but I got from #24 that that only applied to Tundra. [/FONT]
    It was because we never even saw the other Great Beasts until that issue. But as noted in the Marvel handbooks the Beasts can make spiritual manifestations of themselves and send them to Earth.

So what's the final verdict? I'm a bit lost here, guys.
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

Images

We may have to take a poll on that one.

- Le Messor
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 03-13-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl View Post
    I would have liked to see a bit more of Narya's back story. (What exactly happened with her and Yukon Jack, anyway?)
    This is mentioned in the new OHOTMU HC #13 entry for Yukon Jack. It says that she left Kemteron after their marriage ended under unrevealed circumstances, and Yukon Jack got sick from the time travel. From the way it's worded, it's amibiguous - his sickness might not have had anything to do with her leaving, or it was one of the causes. It's a poorly constructed sentence, anyway, I remembered you asked about this and was really hoping to see some new info on that!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    It was because we never even saw the other Great Beasts until that issue. But as noted in the Marvel handbooks the Beasts can make spiritual manifestations of themselves and send them to Earth.
    I never noticed this post before.
    My answer would be, we saw some of the Great Beasts before that issue, but not the other ones who were in that issue. I'm not sure which you mean?

Tanaraq and Ranaq spring to mind, then they start eating my brains, and that explains a lot, doesn't it?

- Le Messor
    "Good leaders are scarce, so I am following myself."