Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wild Child dead?!!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Oh man, Albert and Elsie Dee, they were simultaneously awesome and ridiculous! They popped up a lot back in Wolverine's first ongoing series, if memory serves.
    Just looked it up. First appearance, Wolverine # 37. I recall them now, the little girl could explode. I think i only came across them once. I did not really read any comics in the 90's...

I agree, I think they should be in the discussion of who should be in the next Alpha Flight.
    Elsie Dee had a bomb in her the first time she appeared, but put it on hold, because she ended up becoming sentient and didn't want to die. She and Albert decided to spare Wolverine (their original target for termination), because they found him to be good and honorable. Elsie Dee eventually had to detonate her body, but Albert removed her head to save her. He eventually rebuilt her a body.

I really loved them as characters, they were very interesting...And if Wolvie can't be with Alpha, I thought Albert and Elsie Dee would be great additions. Albert isn't really Wolverine (even though he originally looked exactly like him, he doesn't anymore...With his body armor, glowing red eyes and robot parts showing through his skin everywhere)...He's far, far more intelligent than Logan, has body armor and can connect with computers.

Dana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_(comics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsie-Dee
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    ...I'd have put Sabretooth on that list...
    ...I don't feel he ever really fit as a copy of Wolvie...He was always like Wolverine, but opposite in character...feral cold-blodded killer, his claws didn't pop out of his body, etc...
    The point is... valid.
    I'm just not looking that deep. Same basic power set, same temperament, therefore clone is my, uh, thinking. I have a very small number of Sabretooth appearances.

- Le Messor
    "Let a hundred flowers bloom.
    Let a hundred schools of thought contend."
    - Mao Tse-Tung

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    ...I'd have put Sabretooth on that list...
    ...I don't feel he ever really fit as a copy of Wolvie...He was always like Wolverine, but opposite in character...feral cold-blodded killer, his claws didn't pop out of his body, etc...
    The point is... valid.
    I'm just not looking that deep. Same basic power set, same temperament, therefore clone is my, uh, thinking. I have a very small number of Sabretooth appearances.

- Le Messor
    "Let a hundred flowers bloom.
    Let a hundred schools of thought contend."
    - Mao Tse-Tung
    I see where you're coming from, Mik...All I was saying is that there are a heck of a lot of characters who've come out in the past 5-10 years who are almost identical to Wolverine...Even one is one too many. Wolverine has lost what made him unique (I think it sucks that his history is known too).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!