Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpha Flight discussion at CBR's Robot 6 / Brevoort blog

Default Re: the last few series were done for "the fans"?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    I can't let that assertion go unchallenged.

Volume 2 had a de-aged Mac, a Heather and Puck who constantly got mind-wiped, a guy who should have serious problems going to the bathroom (Radius), a former villain who got cancer (Sunfire), and two other youngsters (Flex and Murmur) who were entrusted to defend Canada against unconventional threats. How can anyone say this was done for the Alpha Flight fans?

Volume 3 made Walter look like he didn't know what he was doing. Walter...University professor, former pro footballer. Strong, smart Walter.
    Whole new crew; originals sent to outer space.

Omega Flight. Talisman, butt of U.S. Agents insults. Mailman Mike (the guy who alledgedly killed Alpha Flight), wearing the "Guardian" uniform.
    Sasquatch, getting the crap kicked out of him after a new team was being assembled by Agent Brown.

How were any of these things done---honestly---for "the fans"?
    I did reply to harlequin7 on Tom's blog saying pretty much everything you posted here, but (not so) strangely the post never made it on.

I can't get the second link to work to see what was said in the blog, but as far as what Brevoort says in the first link? Can't honestly say that I disagree. I love Alpha Flight, but until they can come up with a good angle in this day and age (this isn't the 80's anymore!), Alpha doesn't stand a chance.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Poster Joe really annoyed me:

You're way oversimplifying it Wraith. Each of the different Avengers titles have different premises; the Initiative is a government ran group of superheroes in training, the Dark Avengers...
    Calling each different version of the Avengers just the Avengers, but with (...) is oversimplifying, but calling Alpha Flight the Avengers, but in Canada isn't?

Yeah. Thanks for that.

- Le Messor
    "Fortunately... no one’s in control."
    - Willie Nelson