Thread: anyone live in toronto?

Default anyone live in toronto?

http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo/

canadian fan expo, joe q will be there. may be a good time to ask whats up with alpha flight.

i'm almost positive he wasn't there last year. hmmmmmmm......

I'm no where near anything, living out west, and moving to a new job 700 km away at the end of August, so if anyone can get positives for me while I move, great!

You're right varo, Q wasn't there last year.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Joe Q said at SDCC '09 that if there is a AF pitch it would happen, but I'm guessing that pitch would have to be a miracle for AF to see the light of day again.

[-o<

well, the man is in canada, so thats the perfect opportunity to pounce on him.

to bad i live in florida.

I'll be in T.O., but I'll be working all weekend and won't be able to make it.

Got back from Fan Expo not too long ago. Got to sit in on the Cup O Joe Q&A.

The very first question asked was about Alpha Flight and any plans for a series.

The panel chuckled as if they were expecting this question to come up at some point.

Short answer was no. They have no immediate plans for Alpha Flight.

Joe Q did joke how Canadians should be happy that one of Marvel's biggest names is Canadian - Wolverine.

Another person later asked if we might see Alphans or Canadian heroes appearing on other books? (Apparently, that fan likes that).

Joe Q mentioned that Canadian heroes (didnt mention any Alphans at all) would be appearing in titles and that there were even some new ones. Joe discussed how one of the good things about Marvel is the international make up of its characters and how characters from all different books come from all over the world.

This was also followed up with a fan who was from England and was disappointed at the cancellation of Capt. Britain. The panel joked about how they hate Canada and England and only like the US. You should keep in mind that the marketing guy on the panel who answered a lot of questions was Canadian.

The answers from Joe in regards to Alpha Flight were pretty standard and nothing new. I'd read his views before but in all honesty, I didnt sense any dislike for the team or characters from him. It seemed more about a bottom line. Making books that sell. This was a standard answer from him concerning questions about books like Iron Fist, Capt. Britain, Moon Knight, Dr. Strange etc.

So I dont think there's any prejudice against AF, I think that Marvel is just having a hard time keeping series ongoing for whatever reason.