Thread: X-Men and Alpha Flight collected

Default X-Men and Alpha Flight collected

Just saw this in Marvel's October solicits...

X-MEN: ASGARDIAN WARS HC
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by PAUL SMITH & ARTHUR ADAMS
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    Otherworldly wonder at the top of one world and the heart of another! In the Arctic Circle, the X-Men and Alpha Flight find a power that could save the world at the cost of destroying...what? But cost is no object when the power is revealed as a gift from Loki, who doesn’t like it when his gifts are returned! When the God of Lies loses his own prize, he decides one bad turn deserves another and sets his magic against the X-Men, only for the New Mutants to take the fall...and rise to Asgard! The X-Men ride to the rescue, but can even the mightiest mutants survive the multiple magics of myth? Collecting X-MEN AND ALPHA FLIGHT #1-2, NEW MUTANTS SPECIAL EDITION and X-MEN ANNUAL #9.
    232 PGS./Rated A ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-4148-8
    Trim size: oversized

Four issues for $35??? They are a heck of a lot of fun and some of the very few X-Men comics I still have, but that's a ton of money.

This story is a classic. It has been reprinted many times over the years. It's still one of the best Alpha (and X-Men) stories ever. I'm glad to see it being reprinted in a beautiful new hardcover edition, but $34.95 is a little out of my price range at this time.

This was printed in paperback many years ago, out of print not, and quite hard to find nowadays. I am thrilled this is now reprinted in HC, and I'll definitely pick up a copy. I love that Art Adams cover!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I have the original series, but never picked up the paperback edition. This one is definately going on my order.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I loaned my paperback out last night. I'll see about the HC; that'd be good to have, and my PB is in loved condition...

- Le Messor
    "To get what you want, you must know what you need."
    - Russell Murphy

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Just to create a feedback loop, here's the follow-up (from when I bought the GN), which also links back to here.

- Le Messor
    "I was thinking about the new Star Trek movie, how if they've changed so much of reality, would 'Gabriel Bell' still have stopped the riots, for example? Would there have been a Roswell crash? Then I figured out that the split happened after that, and the time travellers from 'our' version would still have been there, even if their adventures didn't happen in the new timeline... that's when I got the headache."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 02-13-2010 at 07:21 PM.

I have promoted this item to a news article on the main part of the site.