Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-Men Legacy & Jeffries

Default X-Men Legacy & Jeffries

Surprised no one mentioned this, but Carey mentions in an interview at CBR that Jeffries will meet "Danger" (who I think is the Danger Room in human form? Don't know...don't really follow the X-Books now...) shortly in X-men - Legacy. Not much else is mentioned, but a reader brought up the idea and he responded to the question. At least Jeffries will get more face time...

Another Jeffries item:

HOUSE OF M: MASTERS OF EVIL #3 (of 4)
    Written by CHRISTOS N. GAGE
    Penciled by MANUEL GARCIA
    Cover by MIKE PERKINS
    What do you do if your criminal gang has outgrown their territory? If you’re The Hood you set your sights on taking over a whole country! But the mineral-rich South American nation of Santo Rico already has rulers—the X-foes known as Madison Jeffries and his insane, flesh-twisting brother Lionel--who don't intend to give it up without a fight! Oh, and we finally learn how Magneto feels about all this...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Lionel?!?!! Really?!?!!
    WTF?!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

It's House of M, not in continuity.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    It's House of M, not in continuity.
    ah.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Default Re: X-Men Legacy & Jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Surprised no one mentioned this, but Carey mentions in an interview at CBR that Jeffries will meet "Danger" (who I think is the Danger Room in human form? Don't know...don't really follow the X-Books now...) shortly in X-men - Legacy. Not much else is mentioned, but a reader brought up the idea and he responded to the question. At least Jeffries will get more face time...
    Yes, in this week's X-Men Legacy Annual No 1 2009. They do meet, and Jeffries sure is the brainiac. It's good he got so super smart, but boy, he sure is a different character than the Vietnam vet blue-collar ditch digger/mechanic type guy we met in the early issues of v1. He's Doctor Jeffries now, who'da thunk it?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Yes, in this week's X-Men Legacy Annual No 1 2009. They do meet, and Jeffries sure is the brainiac.
    The front page ad in said issue also led me to check and find this.

They do meet, and Jeffries sure is the brainiac. It's good he got so super smart, but boy, he sure is a different character than the Vietnam vet blue-collar ditch digger/mechanic type guy we met in the early issues of v1. He's Doctor Jeffries now, who'da thunk it?

Love,
    rplass
    Par for the course for AF. Everything unique was stripped away. Now Jeffries is just another brilliant doctor, just like so many others in the MU? Why couldn't he have stayed an everyman/reluctant hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Maxwell
    Par for the course for AF. Everything unique was stripped away.
    Yes, what they do to the Alpha characters is so enjoyable.
    Let's make Heather Hudson a drop-dead bombshell.
    Let's give Bochs an adonis body and give him back his legs.
    Let's make Puck a grown man trapped in a cursed dwarf body.
    Kill the sweet alien with the genetic tendency to kill.
    Kill the ice queen married to a mortal and mother of a demi-god.
    Kill the Shaman inhibited by his own doubts.
    and let's resurrect the (albeit reluctant) hero that died tragically trying to protect his wife - because seeing him die and come back multiple times makes for such good drama!

I didn't even know about Bochs. I thought he was (mercifully) killed off.

Heather was already pretty hot. Not She-Hulk/Wonder Woman gorgeous, but she was alright in my book. Probably why I married a redhead that wears glasses, too

I didn't even know about Bochs. I thought he was (mercifully) killed off.

Heather was already pretty hot. Not She-Hulk/Wonder Woman gorgeous, but she was alright in my book. Probably why I married a redhead that wears glasses, too
    Yeah...Artists after Byrne gave her "breast implants", "fixed" her nose, etc...Heather got the comic book equivalent of Extreme Makeover. Byrne made Heather a reasonably attractive lady (geek chick...glasses,hook nose, not terrbly curvy)...Not a gorgeaous babe and not a plain jane...That's how she was meant to be.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

They do meet, and Jeffries sure is the brainiac. It's good he got so super smart, but boy, he sure is a different character than the Vietnam vet blue-collar ditch digger/mechanic type guy we met in the early issues of v1. He's Doctor Jeffries now, who'da thunk it?

Love,
    rplass
    Par for the course for AF. Everything unique was stripped away. Now Jeffries is just another brilliant doctor, just like so many others in the MU? Why couldn't he have stayed an everyman/reluctant hero?
    I think it might be an error. While the Science team is underwater, in Dark Avengers #8, a bit of dialogue contradicts:

Psylocke: Dr. Jeffries?
    Madison: It's just Mister, Psylocke. And Madison is preferable still.

Sad to see the error, but it's trivial whether to call him Dr. Jeffries or Mr. Jeffries since he's still so super duper smart now.

Love,
    rplass

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I've actually been thinking a bit lately about the tendency in comics to 'improve' characters -- by making them more generic. Remember when Dani Moonstar went from having one of the more original, diverse, and useful powers in the MU to being just another energy blaster, and they thought that was much more powerful / better?
    Or Wildchild, from this erudite, clever man who looked strange, but in a real world way to just another Wolverine "clone"?
    Or part of the premise of Earth X being 'let's turn everyone into generic shapeshifters and say how much better they all are for it'?

Why can't they resist the temptation, and have unique characters?

- Le Messor
    "Almost always it is the fear of being ourselves that brings us to the mirror."
    - Antonio Porchia

OOOKay, not what I was expecting, and uh, well, rather disturbing:

Preview at CBR for HoM: Masters of Evil #3

Put a shirt on, Madison, and yukko on that skin stretchy panel, yuk!

Love,
    rplass

Bleh...

While we're talking about Jeffries...

I guess (?) it's good they've been using him in the X-books, but....And this is a big "but"...Why on Earth has he and the X-Men just forgotten his role in Neverland? When and how did he get "Un-brainwashed"...It's never been shown (has it?)...You don't go from brainwashed lackey back to normal everyday guy who only thinks he's crazy and has lost some control over his power.

Why is there no characterization in the X-books anymore (besides constantly showing Scott and Emma in bed )?

If I was Madison and came to the realization that I was first kidnapped and brainwashed by the Zodiac to be a criminal, then kidnapped and brainwashed again by Weapon X to help them capture and even kill mutants (his own wife being one of the captives of Neverland)....I would have had a nervous breakdown...Madison would have at least had a moment where he would break down in tears for what he was made to do...And we get nothing (we haven't even seen him being curious if his wife is dead or alive!!!)...

How can even Northstar just go on and live a normal life after what he did under the influence of the Hand? How?!

If the writers want to use these characters, then flipping actually use them!!...Not just showcase their powers every few issues ( or just in a few panels). In Jean Paul's case lately, we've seen more character growth (or perhaps character regression) in Jeanne Marie than him (and she's not even an X-Man)...Ugh!

Dana

EDITED TO ADD: People may bad-mouth Chris Claremont for being too wordy, heavy on exposition or whatever, but for Pete's sake....We also got a crapload of characterization from the man....Most writers today are writing about super-powered robots just going through the motions. I don't want to just read about super powers (or battle after battle, after battle)...I want drama, emotion and people living lives too.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!