Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: marrina question

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I doubt it was one of her kids...They were humanoid in appearance, not to say they couldn't transform into giant sea
    Dana
    We actually saw one of her kids transform into a sea serpent in Sub-Mariner Annual #4. It was actually bigger and more powerful then his mother, but eventually it was killed by Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker
    Wha?! Wait a minute....I thought her "kids" never appeared again after their initial birth in the Avengers? Does anyone have pics of this issue? What do her "kids" look like?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Only one has appeared and died in the same issue, but he was quite powerful even more so then when Marrina was in her serpent form. We never saw its full body just tentacles. Here's a pic from the Alphanex I did years ago for it

Default Only one appeared?

I always understood it that Mar was meant to be one of Marrina's kids, especially after how the last series ended...

Default Re: Only one appeared?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    I always understood it that Mar was meant to be one of Marrina's kids, especially after how the last series ended...
    I took it they were more "siblings" then mother/son relationship.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Marrina's kids also apparently showed up in a few issues of Quasar - #s 23-25, I believe, but I don't have them.

- Le Messor
    "Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."
    - Van Gogh

I haven't read it yet, but Newsarama's advance review of "The List" states:

After members of his Dark X-Men group go rogue, Norman Osborn decides to send a message to the Atlanteans in the form of a genetically modified Plodex with some very personal ties to Namor, the Sub-Mariner. Unfortunately for Norman Osborn, Namor has the power of the X-Men on his side and he does not intend to go down without a fight.

Default Sigh

I give up. I was really hoping someday that Marrina would be used in a good story again. Hate to say it, but I don't think anyone at Marvel cares about Alpha enough to ever give us back their former glory.
    I hate to ask, but does she survive?

Ugh...

Spoilers
    .Marvel kills another Alphan?...Not surprised.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Another example of 'she's dead, no, she's not, wait, I was right, she's dead'

The way AF is being treated (Or at least some characters) is like the old Goon Show Skit:

"My God, I think he's dead!"

"Shouldn't you check and make sure?"

Man leaves, two gunshots are heard

"Yes, he's dead."
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

SPOILER:

Gah! I was all happy we get to see Marrina officially alive again and then BAM! Also makes no sense how Namor could do that considering her power, unless she let him

Alpha ain't ever coming back, not until there is a complete change of power at Marvel.

Wouldn't surprise me if somebody high up hates JB. Wants to destroy his greatest creation forever.

Mark my words, if this keeps up, Sasquatch will buy the farm in the next few years, too.

This is not good.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I'll say it again, if you're not happy with how Marvel is treating AF, stop buying any Marvel books. Vote with your wallet.