Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: marrina question

BTW...the fact that Wolverine made no mention of his disgust at having to fight (and be a part of killing) yet another member of Alpha Flight, is quite reprehensible in its exclusion. You would think that with Marina being sent by Osborne, and with Weapon Omega being employed by Osborne...can there be any doubt that in a fit of rage Wolverine should be the one to severe Norman's head from his body?
    Did Wolvie even really know Marrina that well? She didn't join the team until long after he'd parted ways with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    BTW...the fact that Wolverine made no mention of his disgust at having to fight (and be a part of killing) yet another member of Alpha Flight, is quite reprehensible in its exclusion. You would think that with Marina being sent by Osborne, and with Weapon Omega being employed by Osborne...can there be any doubt that in a fit of rage Wolverine should be the one to severe Norman's head from his body?
    Did Wolvie even really know Marrina that well? She didn't join the team until long after he'd parted ways with them.
    For me, that is not the point. He knew of her. he knew she was a past member of Alpha Flight. She was, for all intents and purposes, a Canadian superhero (at least, she was at one time), and in this time when there appears to be no Canadian superheroes anymore, you would think Wolvie would be concerned over that.

Plus, Norman being involved in her attack and subsequent death, and Norman also having allied himself with Weapon Omega (who killed Alpha Flight)...has Wolverine so subdued his inner animal instincts that this would no longer send him over the edge and onto a killing rampage in an effort to get at Osborne? Really? If so, then this is NOT the Wolverine that I knew and loved!

Marvel, what has happened to all my favourite heroes?!? Your power-trips, egos, and greed has all but ruined everything that was great about comics. Shame on you, Marvel!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    to try to keep her clam
    Ha, ha. Is that a typo or an unda-da-sea joke?

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    who were barely teammates at all (Marrina quit AF way before Jeffries joined and Northstar's membership barely overlapped Marrina's as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Two questions, one answer: Gamma Flight. We don't really know anything about Marrina's time in Gamma Flight, or how well she got to know who then. She could've had a lot of interaction with Logan and Maddison at the time (not Northstar, I think, because he didn't go through Gamma). Come to think of it, Beta is just as applicable.

- Le Messor
    "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' Answer: 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"
    - Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player

Default Northstar and Marrina

I don't know why people keep questioning whether Northstar knew Marrina very well. He fought with her when they took on Tundra. He fought Attuma to save her. There are probably other stories I have missed.

I'm hoping what Namor actually dropped in Norman's office was a fake head. He and the Xmen couldn't snap her out of her killing rage, and they didn't want to kill her, so they stun her and Namor deposits her in the deepest part of the ocean, where the pressure will keep her quiescent until she can recover.

Meanwhile, he has to misdirect Norman do he does not try to use Marrina again.

Hope springs eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    I'm hoping what Namor actually dropped in Norman's office was a fake head. He and the Xmen couldn't snap her out of her killing rage, and they didn't want to kill her, so they stun her and Namor deposits her in the deepest part of the ocean, where the pressure will keep her quiescent until she can recover.

Meanwhile, he has to misdirect Norman do he does not try to use Marrina again.

Hope springs eternal.
    This could be the only KEY to redeem what Marvel apparently did to Marrina this time. It's absurd. We're talking about the greatest aquatic superheroine of all time. Marvel, bring back her along with the original Alpha Flight!
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

[quote="bigbloo"]I'm hoping what Namor actually dropped in Norman's office was a fake head.[quote]

I'm not sure that'd work. If it would, I'm not sure it'd work on Norman Osborne; he wouldn't be fooled, basic'ly.

- LM
    "We will nae get fooled agin!"
    - The Who, via the Nac Mac Feegle