Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: marrina question

Default marrina question

Has anyone else been waiting for her ti resurface? I feel as if marvel dropped a big ball with not reviving her what are your guys opionion?

I'd like something to be done with her...Not just languishing in permanent limbo.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'm still a little confused in regards to Marrina. Did she die as the Leviathan? I'm positive she appeared in an Avengers comic where she was seen in a container. Something to do with the Master? The Master said she slept a false sleep beneath the Sea. Not sure what the OHTTMU (whatrever version says).
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I'm still a little confused in regards to Marrina. Did she die as the Leviathan? I'm positive she appeared in an Avengers comic where she was seen in a container. Something to do with the Master? The Master said she slept a false sleep beneath the Sea. Not sure what the OHTTMU (whatever version says).
    Where's Loki (and I mean the Alpha Waves member, not the god) when you need him?

Default Marrina Lives! (well, kinda...)

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I'm still a little confused in regards to Marrina. Did she die as the Leviathan? I'm positive she appeared in an Avengers comic where she was seen in a container. Something to do with the Master? The Master said she slept a false sleep beneath the Sea. Not sure what the OHTTMU (whatrever version says).
    You didn't imagine it. The Avengers were dealing with Plodex that were generated from her. Ms. Marvel just missed seeing her body being held in stasis. What happened to her when the complex dissolved has never been revealed.

And long live Mar! I wouldn't mind seeing him again as well...

Scroll halfway down on this page:

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...&p=34948#34948

to see Loki's response about Marrina being alive. And also a little pic.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Default Re: marrina question

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian87
    I feel as if marvel dropped a big ball with not reviving her what are your guys opionion?
    Marvel's been dropping the ball regularly with regards to Alpha Flight since issue #29 .

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Has anyone else been waiting for her to resurface?
    Pun intended?
    I've just been waiting to get my hands on the bust they made of her. Finally caved and ebayed it yesterday, though I hates ebay. (We'll see if it comes or not... sigh.)

There's been plenty to imply that she's still alive.
    Also, I don't know the exact properties of the magic sword used to kill her, but if it were a standard blade it probably wouldn't have been long enough to get through her skull in leviathan form -- not and cause any real damage anyway.
    Though maybe the enchantment on it gets around that?
    (It's Black Knight's ebon blade, btw.)

- Le Messor
    "Forgetfulness is a form of freedom."
    - Khalil Gibran

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Re: marrina question/the resurrection of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    I feel as if marvel dropped a big ball with not reviving her what are your guys opionion?
    Marvel's been dropping the ball regularly with regards to Alpha Flight since issue #29 .
    (1) In the Marvel Team-up Annual, the Collector had a ship full of Plodex, some of whom got dumped into the ocean. Could one (or more) still be lurking somewhere beneath the waves?

(2) I totally agree with Johnny Canuck: everything from AF# 29 doesn't make much sense: Northstar and Puck never should have believed that Lionel Jeffries was their only hope, for starters.

(3) Coupled with what has happened to the team in the last ten years, I feel sorry for whoever attempts to revive Alpha Flight (I sent in my idea, to no avail). It will be nearly impossible to please everybody with the convoluted continuity of dead/temporal copies. This may be the reason why nothing has happened to bring them back since they were "killed off."
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Has anyone else been waiting for her to resurface?
    Pun intended?
    I've just been waiting to get my hands on the bust they made of her. Finally caved and ebayed it yesterday, though I hates ebay. (We'll see if it comes or not... sigh.)

There's been plenty to imply that she's still alive.
    Also, I don't know the exact properties of the magic sword used to kill her, but if it were a standard blade it probably wouldn't have been long enough to get through her skull in leviathan form -- not and cause any real damage anyway.
    Though maybe the enchantment on it gets around that?
    (It's Black Knight's ebon blade, btw.)

- Le Messor
    "Forgetfulness is a form of freedom."
    - Khalil Gibran
    We already have "in continuity" established clues to her possible "survival"...Her body must have healed itself during her death-like sleep in her ocean tomb or Llan the Sorcerer would never have suggested the Master retrieve her body (she was "killed" by the Ebony Blade) and that she slept a "false death".

Namor discovered that her soul (or a demonic succubus posing as her, the story wasn't terribly clear on this) was trapped within the Ebony Blade (or at least, an extra-dimensional realm tied to it), as well as with all it's other victims (The first Black Knight/Sir Percy, Victoria Bently, Andromeda, Sean Dolan, various knights, etc....). Namor seemingly released her soul from the blade at the story's end. Was it really Marrina's soul? Did she move on to some sort of afterlife? Is she back in her body or is it a soul-less Plodex killing machine (all instinct and no humanity)? That's all up to any future writer who may wish to bring her back.

Dana

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

True that.

BTW, I believe the cover of the Namor issue with him freeing her soul is pictured on the box for the bust -- yep, it came! Yay!

- Le Messor
    "What's done is done, it cannot be changed. Live not for the past, but for what lies ahead."
    - Darren Domin & Tim Page

Marrina alive? Preview art from Dark Reign: The List - X-Men in this week's Dark Reign: The List - Avengers shows a big Leviathan thingy sent by Norman Osborne to attack Atlantis. It could be her... unfortunately Wolverine chops up the creature's eyes, that sucks. I wonder if it's Marrina or some other green Plodexey thingy?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

could be one of the kids. thus another tie in for another Alpha Flight...I can always hope

I doubt it was her, she's still in a coma or suspended animation somewhere (I'm guessing)...And I doubt it was one of her kids...They were humanoid in appearance, not to say they couldn't transform into giant sea serpents (truthfully, there's no way Marrina should have been able to).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I doubt it was one of her kids...They were humanoid in appearance, not to say they couldn't transform into giant sea
    Dana
    We actually saw one of her kids transform into a sea serpent in Sub-Mariner Annual #4. It was actually bigger and more powerful then his mother, but eventually it was killed by Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker