Thread: The Temporal Copy question revisited...

Default The Temporal Copy question revisited...

I had thought this topic to be dead and buried (no pun intended). A few weeks ago I had read something in regards to this and for the life of me I cant remember where. It said in the text it was indeed the temporal copies that had died and that the originals where still on their Plodex mission. Earlier today on a whim I checked out the Wikipedia Alpha Flight page and saw this quote...

"Though writer Brian Michael Bendis heavily implied the deaths of the above-mentioned roster of Alpha Flight at the hands of the Collective, later writers backpedaled from this sweeping declaration. Sasquatch resurfaced alive and well, with only Shaman and Guardian officially being acknowledged as being dead. Further complicating things is the status of the temporal doppelgangers from the above-mentioned third Alpha Flight series, were amongst the roster that fought the Collective."

I certianly wish I could remeber where I saw the other online comment as it said something to the same effect.

I have been a bit quite on the boards lately as I have been rather disgusted with Marvel only mentioning Alpha as a joke insert in their polls and little other news in the way of an ongoing.

Is this an attempt on Marvel's part to at the least create an opening? I dont want to get my hopes up. How long have we been promised an announcement with nothing to show for it? I hate to get my hopes up again that something is possibly on the horizon. Have any of you all seen anything about the "temporal" topic?
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

No, unfortunately, i have seen nothing.

As for not getting ones hopes up, don't forget that a Wikipedia article is doubtful to have been written by anybody at Marvel Comics. As anybody can edit Wikipedia, it may just be another hopeful Alpha fan, thinking that writing this will make others talk about the possibility (look, the plan is working!), thus creating more Alpha buzz out there, which may or may not (more likely, not) influence Marvel into launching a new Flight book.

Unfortunately, it has been a long long time since anything good has come out of Marvel...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

In the handbooks, I'm sure they say that AF died and the temporal copies dissapated, hence Yukon Jack's problems.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Unfortunately, much as I want Alpha to still be around, I think there would be more "narrative integrity" if it was indeed the real team (not the temporal copies) that met its end at the hands of the Collective.

There are enough original and legacy characters associated with the Flight for a new team to be created eg. Marinna, Talisman, Aurora, Northstar, Madison Jeffries, Sasquatch, Snowbird. In fact, this particular line-up could work very well: an even balance of powers, male/female members and personalities.

The official line from the Alpha Flight team entry in the OHOTMU A-Z Hardcover vol 1 is:

"At some point the Alphans in space reportedly returned to Earth and the temporal copies apparently departed, presumably back to their own timeline."

Then the OHOTMU text goes on to describe the unfortunate events of New Avengers #16.

I believe your confusion about who got killed stems from one of my posts about the text in the magazine that came with the Eaglemoss Guardian figure. In that magazine, it suggests that the Guardian that got killed was a Plodex Guardian from v3 (defeated just before the team left for space and in a story arc before the temporal copies were created), an optimistic guess, but not consistent with any other account. I don't recall reading anywhere that the temporal copies were killed.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I am fairly certain there is no origin more messed up than Alpha Flight. Someone could dig through the pounds of crap they could find a way to make it all work very easily.

But it would take some serious clean up. That's what Alpha Flight needs.

I bet the Temporal Copies are still there, in the Mainstream Marvel Universe. They cannot return to their alternate timeline. There's no way to accomplish that.

Everything is up in the air at this point.
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis
    I am fairly certain there is no origin more messed up than Alpha Flight. Someone could dig through the pounds of crap they could find a way to make it all work very easily.

But it would take some serious clean up. That's what Alpha Flight needs.
    Right now I'm praying for a reboot or someone to say the current line of comics isn't the 616 Universe.

Do you know the single thing I hate about the Temporal Copies?

Marrina isn't one of them.
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.