Thread: James and Heather Hudson in X-Men Origins:Wolverine One-shot

Default James and Heather Hudson in X-Men Origins:Wolverine One-shot

Spoiler space...

...kids spoil the darndest things....

Trying to get Wolverine's entire origin into 1 comic...? Well, it's going to be hurried. But, we do get to see a very nice cameo of Heather and James, a re-creation of the hunting/honeymoon scene. Unfortunately, Heather doesn't shoot Logan, but she is sporting a snazzy set of square frames. She looks, well, just beautiful. The rest of the guys at Dept H are real jerky jerks though, which is a bit overdone, probably written as such to lead into the reasoning why Logan left to join the X-Men.

Solicit from Marvel

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm not sure if this is the same one I got... It's very different in description, and I don't think that scene is in it. Though Heather is, and she doesn't shoot Logan.

- Le Messor
    "Man arrives as a novies at each age of his life."
    - Nicolas Chamfort

Right above the picture I put in a link to Marvel's website. Click on that to see if it's the same comic. I dunno which one you have, is it that one?

Maybe you have another comic with Heather in it that I don't know about?> hmmm... now you're killing me man!

Love,
    rplass

Odd, their retcon his origin once again? I honestly don't know which Origin story is the real one anymore.

I don't know how to call it, not really a ret-con, just a slightly different version of some minor details. I'm not an expert on Wolverine's origin, but there were at least 2 things different in this issue than what was shown in the original hunting/honeymoon scene: Wolverine has tubes and cables coming out of him, and Heather calls out to James as if he's not right there.

I already mentioned no shooting was portrayed. Heather calls out, "James!!! Come help me!!!" which would imply that Mac isn't around. If you remember AF#33, they were right next to each other, and they both shot Logan, and then James left to get help, so it doesn't make sense to have Heather call out to him in succor.

Well, it's just one small continuity error, probably the writer wanted to get the spirit of what happened in the woods: Heather found Logan, James was somewhere nearby, there was snow, Heather is a warm and loving figure, Mac becomes a close friend, etc. and probably you could explain the whole thing by saying it was a memory flashback where Logan just incorrectly remembered the details of what exactly happened.

Otherwise the origin story is fairly standard. Because it was smushed into just the one issue, the writers don't have much leeway... it's like adapting Nicholas Nickelby into a 2hr movie, it's just not possible to tell the story in such a condensed format and keep true to canon.

Love,
    rplass

The whole Professor X/Wolverine thing is different that's what I was talking about.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Maybe you have another comic with Heather in it that I don't know about?> hmmm... now you're killing me man!
    Not yet, I'm not, but wait'll I get you outside!

It was my bad -- the panel you showed is in my comic; I just blinked while reading and missed it. So, that solves the mystery of the extra comic.

Now, who killed Laura Palmer? Was it you, Bart?

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Heather calls out, "James!!! Come help me!!!" which would imply that Mac isn't around.
    I got the impression James was back in the cabin, not 'not around'; which is still a continuity error. I think they were forcing the similarity between Heather calling him and Rose calling Logan (who was James back then). Of course, Heather usually calls her husband 'Mac'...

And they also keep spelling 'Chasen' as 'Chasin'. I see things.

- Le Messor
    "Patience and vision are the answer to any decision."
    - Verka Paunovska-Trajceska