Thread: Wolverine: Orgins of an X-Men

Default Wolverine: Orgins of an X-Men

New story, I won't get into the story right now, but once again Fred Van Lente does Alpha Flight members proud

SPOILERS:

Some tidbits we see James Hudson (hasn't got his suit yet) AND Madison Jeffires. We see what the origins and how Alpha Flight was formed .

END SPOILER

It's free so go pick it up.

That's a Free Comic Book Day book from Marvel. I think I mentioned it before in this thread. I'm glad my prediction was right, 2 points for me!

I thought FCBD was in May, how did you get this!?!?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Guess it depends on the comic place, I have one shop that was doing it on wed and others not doing it until may 4th I believe.

I'm in Victoria, BC right now (moved out here for school) and the comic store near my house is doing it. Seems other stores have done the same as torrents seem to be up for other free comics. My shop didn't have the Avengers one, and won't get it till mayish

O I C

Sort of defeats the spirit of FCBD if you give them out early, eh?

Well here is a 5pg preview until the big day:

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/pdf_...ne_preview.pdf

Love,
    rplass

Hmmmm....a town covered in technology, I wonder who is reposnible for that? :P

Well it's officially out now so did anyone pick it up?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I've got it. Kind of cool. As for whose origin it is... Not so much Wolverine's as an Alphan's!

Spoileresque:

It's one of those issues that retcons what happened before Wolvie battled the Hulk (his first appearance); but it doesn't talk about the five minutes before so much as a bit before that.

There's a part where Wolvie's gonna get 'dipped' to become a statue; reminded me lotsly of Gilded Lily's first appearance.

- Le Messor
    "For best results: Hand wash, dry on clothes line.
    For not so good results: Drag behind car through puddles, blow-dry on roofrack."
    - Allegedly real washing instructions on shirt tag.

I got it too!

I wonder if this is in 616 continuity... or if this is part of the Marvel Age continuity like the Marvel Age Iron Man #11 issue. It's drawn and written all kids-style, dunno.

Bochs and Jeffries seemingly first met in Alpha Flight #16, although it was always hard for me to understand how the two of them could be in Beta and Gamma Flights and not meet... anyway, this was strangely countered in Alpha Flight #46 when Puck mentions that he and Bochs and Jeffries met before that in the silly-named "Clinic for Socially Maladjusted Super-Beings", a known Mantlo error.

Now this FCBD book suggests that Wolverine discovered Jeffries and brought him to Dept H. It doesn't support either version of the story, Byrne's or Mantlo's, so it could work just fine.

Love,
    rplass

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    I wonder if this is in 616 continuity...
    Bochs and Jeffries seemingly first met in Alpha Flight #16, although it was always hard for me to understand how the two of them could be in Beta and Gamma Flights and not meet...
    I'm treating it like 616.

Bochs was in Beta in #1; while Jeffries never made it past Gamma. I don't find it too much of a stretch that they never met. It is a bit of a stretch, but not a huge one. (Even easier to believe that Jeffries never saw Bochs -- only Box.)

Thing is, this would imply that Jeffries was one of the first recruits. Hm...

- Le Messor
    "A rose plant in a field of wheat is a weed. A wheat plant in a field of roses is a weed."
    - J.D. Boatwood