Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabulous is a good word. Starting bid $200 for AF #1, wow.

Default Fabulous is a good word. Starting bid $200 for AF #1, wow.

Bizarre. I love the blurry pic too, it makes me want to bid.

ALPHA FLIGHT #1 MINT

One of a kind!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

The man's a knob.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

haha buy it now for $450?

Wow, someone's an optimist.

One of a kind?!...Puh-lease, I have at least four of them...What a maroon!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I was thinking, what is the most expensive Alpha Flight comic?

Not counting CGC graded comics of course...

Within volume 1, I bet it's the 1st printing of #106 (with red "Alpha Flight' title). But that can be found for $15-$20, no problem.

Uncanny X-Men #109 is fairly expensive, the best ever copy I saw was a drool perfect one for $95.

But for the most expensive, I'd have to say three comics. Two are very rare variant covers of Wolverine #145, which has a small cameo of Alpha Flight. There is an all-black one, known as the "Nabisco" variant which goes for $100-150. Recently I saw an absolutely perfect copy at a convention for $120. There's another variant which I've never seen, a Dynamic Forces variant. I saw one on eBay for $155, didn't snag it.

The third would be a reprint of Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, one printed in Germany, which I've never seen, but once was on eBay for a heck of a lot... it was also around $100-$150 I think, can't remember.

click to see big image

Any other really expensive Alpha Flight comics out there?

Love,
    rplass

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Any other really expensive Alpha Flight comics out there?

Love,
    rplass
    Alpha Flight Vol. 1 #33

jim lee's first marvel work is in a alpha book, and northstar coming out was up there in price for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Alpha Flight Vol. 1 #33
    Yeah, 1st appearance Lady Deathstrike, plus very important backstory for Wolverine's [extremely lengthy beat-to-death] origin when Logan is found by James and Heather on their honeymoon in the woods.

You'd think such a comic would be at the top of the list, unfortunately, it's routinely found in the dollar bin. What a shame. It's easily available on eBay for under $2.00 I see.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    jim lee's first marvel work is in a alpha book, and northstar coming out was up there in price for a little while.
    Jim Lee's first Marvel would be Alpha Flight #51 and again, you'd think it would be worth more than it is, but it's just another dollar bin book.

There's something deceptive about the current pricing on these books. The major factor is that they had very high production runs. After the success of AF#1, which sold over 500,000 copies, an UNHEARD of number today, it was typical for print runs to be very large for a title like Alpha Flight, even after it was taken off the newsstands (but still available at comic specialty shops). I don't know the exact numbers but I would guess they were all way over 100,000. A similar book around that time that had a small run of 5,000 or fewer would probably command $50-$75 today, but the market is simply too flooded with Alpha Flight books from the 80s and 90s for us to expect these books to price out any higher than a few bucks.

Now the Northstar "coming out" issue, that was #106, mentioned above... that sold so well that Marvel sent it back to the presses for a 2nd printing, which you can tell from the 1st printing because the title "Alpha Flight" is colored blue in the 2nd printing. It's the only issue from v1 that was re-printed. I found a great copy of the 2nd print for $8, which is probably the 2nd most expensive Alpha Flight comic from volume 1 (with the 1st printing of #106 being the first most expensive).

Love,
    rplass

I have Alpha Flight No. 51 signed by Jim Lee. I accosted him in Bristol one year, I think he signed it to make me go away
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yeah, that $200 one didn't sell, surprisingly. Perhaps the opening bid was too low and the sharp-eyed collectors were suspicious? Well, don't worry, you can still get THIS one for a more reasonable price.

Love,
    rplass

Is it gold plated?
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Yeah, that $200 one didn't sell, surprisingly. Perhaps the opening bid was too low and the sharp-eyed collectors were suspicious? Well, don't worry, you can still get THIS one for a more reasonable price.

Love,
    rplass
    Please tell me that is Russian Ebay, and that is in rubles! Geez!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

No such luck, FlightPath... the location locator is set to Saganaw, Michigan!! (Wow, either someone thinks REALLY highly of Alpha Flight, or has NO idea what it's actually worth...)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

When I started collecting, v1 #13 (with Logan on the cover) was worth more than #1. Dunno about now; I don't check prices, since I have them.

- Le Messor
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."