Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
I was thinking, what is the most expensive Alpha Flight comic?

Not counting CGC graded comics of course...

Within volume 1, I bet it's the 1st printing of #106 (with red "Alpha Flight' title). But that can be found for $15-$20, no problem.

Uncanny X-Men #109 is fairly expensive, the best ever copy I saw was a drool perfect one for $95.

But for the most expensive, I'd have to say three comics. Two are very rare variant covers of Wolverine #145, which has a small cameo of Alpha Flight. There is an all-black one, known as the "Nabisco" variant which goes for $100-150. Recently I saw an absolutely perfect copy at a convention for $120. There's another variant which I've never seen, a Dynamic Forces variant. I saw one on eBay for $155, didn't snag it.

The third would be a reprint of Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, one printed in Germany, which I've never seen, but once was on eBay for a heck of a lot... it was also around $100-$150 I think, can't remember.

click to see big image

Any other really expensive Alpha Flight comics out there?

Love,
rplass
Lucky lucky for me: I finally got a mint mint mint copy of the Dynamic Forces version of Wolverine #145 at a convention ....negotiated the guy down to $80, damn good price and a nice nice AF collectible! So that knocks the Nabisco variant up to the top spot for "most expensive Alpha Flight comic"

Love
rplass