Thread: Latest X-Infernus and X-men Issues?

Default Latest X-Infernus and X-men Issues?

Anything of interest happen in the latest issues of X-Infernus and X-men regarding Witchfire and Jeffries? I haven't heard anything from anyone here and with the economy the way it is, am not going to bother to try to locate the issues for purchase if nothing eventful happened.

Well you can search a bit on this forum, not too much to say, I would buy the issues if I were you to support the Alpha Flight connection:

UXM #505 and 506: Jeffries joins up with Beast's science team, interesting to see him again, and hopefully the writer has enough imagination to use his powers in an interesting way. Unfortunately the first issue, the guy is sort of a nut job, hopefully he snaps out of it, no sign of nutso behavior in the second issue, so maybe that's all over.

X-Infernus: absolutely fabuluos. I am very happy with this series, so far issues 1-3 have been published out of 4 total. The artwork and story are incredible and I strongly recommend it. Witchfire is the evil enemy and she is drawn so amazingly and as such a badass. We all know she will be defeated somehow in the finale of the series but hopefully she can come back, whatever, just buy it.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

the majority of writers have their own websites, and they are usually very open to answeing questions, as long as they don't border on fanboy rants.

anyways, the only reason i still hold out hope is because of this email i got back from a creator i would have loved to write a new alpha series. i'll respectfully hold back the creators name:

Do I have a hook for AF that I think will work? I do, and Marvel knows my interest -- they do seem to have some current plans for AF that don't involve me, but if they fall through, I've made it clear I'd be more than happy to step in...

shoot, sorry guys, i posted this in the wrong topic.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    shoot, sorry guys, i posted this in the wrong topic.
    I read it in the right topic first! (You can just delete it, y'know).

I think they're doing different things with Jeffries; I don't know how interesting they are, but they're based more on Weapon X (I think) than Alpha. He'll kill organics, but not machines. (I haven't read the Weapon X stuff, but will probably look it up next time I'm in Sydney.)

Not getting Infernus until the collected edition comes out.

- Le Messor
    "First, get the facts, then you can distort them at your leisure."
    - Mark Twain

Uncanny X-Men's depiction of how Jeffries uses his powers just seem off to me.

Got part 1 and 2 of Infernus today. Just wondering if the horned cloven hooves look that Illyana sports in the beginning is in any way connected to how Witchfire looked towards the end of AF series 1?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Dunno, but she's had cloven hooves before, so probably (The Asgardian Wars graphic novel, which reprints X-Men / AF 1 and a couple of annuals springs to mind).

- Le Messor
    "Fools rush in where fools have been before."