Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega Flight in Mighty Avengers #21

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Simply put, any strong-willed person Pointer absorbs will be able to control him, as was seen with Xorn and in Weapon Omega. If he's going to be written as a good guy, he'd have to stay in Alaska away from mutants who he could absorb and kill, and whose personalities could overrun his, again.
    I agree...But would that not be suicide? He is (while I have no sympathy) truly cursed.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

We do see Wolverine and (the new) Cap America suffer death-by-vines in the issue so it's not just a case of a writer taking a pot shot at Alpha/Omega-ns.

So what's the deal with the continuity of this issue? Uh, is Sasquatch dead again? And Pointer's dead and Arachne and all those other dudes? I can see Wolverine healing back, possibly Sasquatch with his healing abilities, Pointer absorbed some healing powers too, but uh, is all them dead? New Captain America dead too, I suppose that didn't last long.

Sort of a bloodbath issue, if all that deathy stuff really happened and I don't know what to make of it.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

They're all deaths done by evil magic, they'll probably be undone by good magic...Or something like that.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    They're all deaths done by evil magic, they'll probably be undone by good magic...Or something like that.

Dana
    So then...can i hypothethise that Shaman's spirit will piggy-back on the good magic, dragging the rest of the previously dead Alpha Flight back into the land of the living with him?

[ Either i am becoming an optimist, or i need to be put on thorazine... ]
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Killer "heroes", good guys die, evil doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other peoples power, he killed under the influence of Xorn, ...Thank god for lateral thinking
    I am no authority on Xorn; I don't know if he is a mutant or not. But if Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other people's power, and he killed under the influence of Xorn, and he was still unable to control his energy-siphoning ability when placed in the care of Department H, he is an extraordinary threat to everyone, not just mutants.

Case in point, the people Pointer/Xorn are said to have killed:

James Hudson, mutant or not? What power did Pointer/Xorn siphon from him? His life?
    Heather Hudson, mutant or not? What power did Pointer/Xorn siphon from her? Her life?
    Eugene Milton Judd, mutant or not?
    Zuzha Yu, mutant or not?
    Michael Twoyoungmen, mutant or not?
    Major Mapleleaf, mutant or not?

Sasquatch is the only one who did not die, and he could be considered a mutant.

The Xorn made me do it.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    So what's the deal with the continuity of this issue? Uh, is Sasquatch dead again? And Pointer's dead and Arachne and all those other dudes? I can see Wolverine healing back, possibly Sasquatch with his healing abilities, Pointer absorbed some healing powers too, but uh, is all them dead? New Captain America dead too, I suppose that didn't last long.

Sort of a bloodbath issue, if all that deathy stuff really happened and I don't know what to make of it.

Love,
    rplass
    To be fair, the Scarlet Witch is involved so it's probably all just imaginary...

So Omega Flight died somehow in this issue?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    To be fair, the Scarlet Witch is involved so it's probably all just imaginary...
    Yeah, but the House of M reality was imaginary, until it was over, and there were real consequences in the main continuity of the MU. So that's why I'm not sure what to make of it. Hopefully this reality is also imaginary, and when it's over, Omega Flight won't be all dead and eaten by bugs. But if it's like the House of M, we might get a blend of two realities and trailing effects.

My other thoughts are about the membership roster of Omega Flight... did USAgent leave one group and join another? Maybe there's room now for another member!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67

Dana
    So then...can i hypothethise that Shaman's spirit will piggy-back on the good magic, dragging the rest of the previously dead Alpha Flight back into the land of the living with him?

[ Either i am becoming an optimist, or i need to be put on thorazine... ]
    I like it! The optimisty theory on Alpha coming back...Very good, FP!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    So Omega Flight died somehow in this issue?
    Yeah...All life is being wiped out by Chthon (possessing Quicksilver/Pietro)...He's being set free finally by Modred the Mystic. Bad news.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Yeah, but the House of M reality was imaginary, until it was over, and there were real consequences in the main continuity of the MU. So that's why I'm not sure what to make of it. Hopefully this reality is also imaginary, and when it's over, Omega Flight won't be all dead and eaten by bugs. But if it's like the House of M, we might get a blend of two realities and trailing effects.

My other thoughts are about the membership roster of Omega Flight... did USAgent leave one group and join another? Maybe there's room now for another member!

Love,
    rplass
    Was HOM imaginary or an alternate reality? Wanda can alter reality, right? Doctor Strange stated HOM was Chaos magic, which Wanda can tap into, which is also connected to her mutant hexing ability (making improbable thing highly probable)...Chthon tainted both Wanda and Pietro at their birth, so he could use them later.

These current events may all be undone when/if Chthon is stopped, but there may some consequences from these events to...They may not be evident at first, though.

Dana

Default Re: Killer "heroes", good guys die, evil doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other peoples power, he killed under the influence of Xorn, ...Thank god for lateral thinking
    I am no authority on Xorn; I don't know if he is a mutant or not. But if Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other people's power, and he killed under the influence of Xorn, and he was still unable to control his energy-siphoning ability when placed in the care of Department H, he is an extraordinary threat to everyone, not just mutants.

Case in point, the people Pointer/Xorn are said to have killed:

James Hudson, mutant or not? What power did Pointer/Xorn siphon from him? His life?
    Heather Hudson, mutant or not? What power did Pointer/Xorn siphon from her? Her life?
    Eugene Milton Judd, mutant or not?
    Zuzha Yu, mutant or not?
    Michael Twoyoungmen, mutant or not?
    Major Mapleleaf, mutant or not?

Sasquatch is the only one who did not die, and he could be considered a mutant.

The Xorn made me do it.
    Right...Pointer seems to absorb personality traits, maybe even other people's minds (like Rogue)...I wouldn't imagine they'd have to be strictly mutants (mutants are still humans, just genetically gifted) to be drained/absorbed. He may have Alpha's minds copied or stolen within him, just as Rogue did for years.

Dana