Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight in Mighty Avengers #21

Default Omega Flight in Mighty Avengers #21

Omega Flight (Sasquatch, Arachne, Guardian and USAgent) make a brief appearance (1 page) in the latest issue of Mighty Avengers.

I won't ruin it for anybody but you should check it out.

Hi Mike, where did you get this info, I've been googleing like a good un and all I can find is the first six pages?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

SPOILERS:

Is this the issue where the Scarlet Witch snatches U.S.Agent from Canada, while Omega Flight is being eaten by killer mosquitoes?
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Hi Mike, where did you get this info, I've been googleing like a good un and all I can find is the first six pages?
    It's on page 15 I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    SPOILERS:

....................................?
    The Scarlet Witch features heavily, from the pages I've seen Dana, but couldn't discern much from what I saw.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

its not really much of a appearance, only completeists like us would even care.

1 panel.

Ssshhhhhyeeeaaahh...Not gonna buy it...And Pointer's in it, so not interested more so.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Ssshhhhhyeeeaaahh...Not gonna buy it...And Pointer's in it, so not interested more so.

Dana
    I am confused...I thought at the end of Pointer's MCP run, he ran back to Alaska...didn't he?

Pretty sure one of the last panels shows him doing some clean-up or handiwork in Alaska somewhere.

Also, isn't he a power-vampire who needs to drain the lifeforce of mutants? Wouldn't that, in effect, make him a killer, and therefore evil?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Was, is, and always will be

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07

Dana
    ...Also, isn't he a power-vampire who needs to drain the lifeforce of mutants? Wouldn't that, in effect, make him a killer, and therefore evil?
    Yes.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

SPOILERS:

Is this the issue where the Scarlet Witch snatches U.S.Agent from Canada, while Omega Flight is being eaten by killer mosquitoes?

Yes.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Default Re: Was, is, and always will be

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07

Dana
    ...Also, isn't he a power-vampire who needs to drain the lifeforce of mutants? Wouldn't that, in effect, make him a killer, and therefore evil?
    Yes.
    I strongly disagree, because ...
    Del

Mind you, this is somehting of a moot point anyways, carrying on about Pointer being a killer now.
    Technically, he always was...how could i forget that?

Hmmm...maybe because he killed off-panel?

SIGH...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other peoples power, he killed under the influence of Xorn, Wolverine killed Northstar under the influence of 'The Hand'. Wolverine acceptable, Pointer not? Thank god for lateral thinking
    Del

I am not defending Michael Pointer. Im defending his situation. Did Michael Pointer ask for his curse? Is it his fault his body needs what it does to survive? Its unethical to kill yes. But he was born a mutant with this unfortunate mutation. Its not his fault. I dislike him cause he's lame and annoying.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Simply put, any strong-willed person Pointer absorbs will be able to control him, as was seen with Xorn and in Weapon Omega. If he's going to be written as a good guy, he'd have to stay in Alaska away from mutants who he could absorb and kill, and whose personalities could overrun his, again.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.