Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Omega Flight in Mighty Avengers #21 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Omega Flight in Mighty Avengers #21

  1. #16
    Alpha Flight
    Dfense75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Simply put, any strong-willed person Pointer absorbs will be able to control him, as was seen with Xorn and in Weapon Omega. If he's going to be written as a good guy, he'd have to stay in Alaska away from mutants who he could absorb and kill, and whose personalities could overrun his, again.
    I agree...But would that not be suicide? He is (while I have no sympathy) truly cursed.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

    Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

  2. #17
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    We do see Wolverine and (the new) Cap America suffer death-by-vines in the issue so it's not just a case of a writer taking a pot shot at Alpha/Omega-ns.

  3. #18
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    So what's the deal with the continuity of this issue? Uh, is Sasquatch dead again? And Pointer's dead and Arachne and all those other dudes? I can see Wolverine healing back, possibly Sasquatch with his healing abilities, Pointer absorbed some healing powers too, but uh, is all them dead? New Captain America dead too, I suppose that didn't last long.

    Sort of a bloodbath issue, if all that deathy stuff really happened and I don't know what to make of it.

    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  4. #19
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    They're all deaths done by evil magic, they'll probably be undone by good magic...Or something like that.

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  5. #20
    I'm a RealWyldeChild Alpha Flight
    Flightpath07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vernon, BC
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    They're all deaths done by evil magic, they'll probably be undone by good magic...Or something like that.

    Dana
    So then...can i hypothethise that Shaman's spirit will piggy-back on the good magic, dragging the rest of the previously dead Alpha Flight back into the land of the living with him?

    [ Either i am becoming an optimist, or i need to be put on thorazine... ]
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

    My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

    Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

    FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

    Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

  6. #21
    The Eclectic Opinionator Alpha Flight
    Garry/Al-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    671

    Default Killer "heroes", good guys die, evil doesn't

    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other peoples power, he killed under the influence of Xorn, ...Thank god for lateral thinking
    I am no authority on Xorn; I don't know if he is a mutant or not. But if Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other people's power, and he killed under the influence of Xorn, and he was still unable to control his energy-siphoning ability when placed in the care of Department H, he is an extraordinary threat to everyone, not just mutants.

    Case in point, the people Pointer/Xorn are said to have killed:

    James Hudson, mutant or not? What power did Pointer/Xorn siphon from him? His life?
    Heather Hudson, mutant or not? What power did Pointer/Xorn siphon from her? Her life?
    Eugene Milton Judd, mutant or not?
    Zuzha Yu, mutant or not?
    Michael Twoyoungmen, mutant or not?
    Major Mapleleaf, mutant or not?

    Sasquatch is the only one who did not die, and he could be considered a mutant.

    The Xorn made me do it.
    The Mostly-New, Mostly-Different AF1

  7. #22
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    So what's the deal with the continuity of this issue? Uh, is Sasquatch dead again? And Pointer's dead and Arachne and all those other dudes? I can see Wolverine healing back, possibly Sasquatch with his healing abilities, Pointer absorbed some healing powers too, but uh, is all them dead? New Captain America dead too, I suppose that didn't last long.

    Sort of a bloodbath issue, if all that deathy stuff really happened and I don't know what to make of it.

    Love,
    rplass
    To be fair, the Scarlet Witch is involved so it's probably all just imaginary...

  8. #23
    Alpha Flight
    Mokole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    So Omega Flight died somehow in this issue?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

    Live it.

  9. #24
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    To be fair, the Scarlet Witch is involved so it's probably all just imaginary...
    Yeah, but the House of M reality was imaginary, until it was over, and there were real consequences in the main continuity of the MU. So that's why I'm not sure what to make of it. Hopefully this reality is also imaginary, and when it's over, Omega Flight won't be all dead and eaten by bugs. But if it's like the House of M, we might get a blend of two realities and trailing effects.

    My other thoughts are about the membership roster of Omega Flight... did USAgent leave one group and join another? Maybe there's room now for another member!

    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  10. #25
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    They're all deaths done by evil magic, they'll probably be undone by good magic...Or something like that.

    Dana
    So then...can i hypothethise that Shaman's spirit will piggy-back on the good magic, dragging the rest of the previously dead Alpha Flight back into the land of the living with him?

    [ Either i am becoming an optimist, or i need to be put on thorazine... ]
    I like it! The optimisty theory on Alpha coming back...Very good, FP!

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  11. #26
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    So Omega Flight died somehow in this issue?
    Yeah...All life is being wiped out by Chthon (possessing Quicksilver/Pietro)...He's being set free finally by Modred the Mystic. Bad news.

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  12. #27
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    To be fair, the Scarlet Witch is involved so it's probably all just imaginary...
    Yeah, but the House of M reality was imaginary, until it was over, and there were real consequences in the main continuity of the MU. So that's why I'm not sure what to make of it. Hopefully this reality is also imaginary, and when it's over, Omega Flight won't be all dead and eaten by bugs. But if it's like the House of M, we might get a blend of two realities and trailing effects.

    My other thoughts are about the membership roster of Omega Flight... did USAgent leave one group and join another? Maybe there's room now for another member!

    Love,
    rplass
    Was HOM imaginary or an alternate reality? Wanda can alter reality, right? Doctor Strange stated HOM was Chaos magic, which Wanda can tap into, which is also connected to her mutant hexing ability (making improbable thing highly probable)...Chthon tainted both Wanda and Pietro at their birth, so he could use them later.

    These current events may all be undone when/if Chthon is stopped, but there may some consequences from these events to...They may not be evident at first, though.

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  13. #28
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default Re: Killer "heroes", good guys die, evil doesn't

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other peoples power, he killed under the influence of Xorn, ...Thank god for lateral thinking
    I am no authority on Xorn; I don't know if he is a mutant or not. But if Pointer is a mutant with the power to absorb other people's power, and he killed under the influence of Xorn, and he was still unable to control his energy-siphoning ability when placed in the care of Department H, he is an extraordinary threat to everyone, not just mutants.

    Case in point, the people Pointer/Xorn are said to have killed:

    James Hudson, mutant or not? What power did Pointer/Xorn siphon from him? His life?
    Heather Hudson, mutant or not? What power did Pointer/Xorn siphon from her? Her life?
    Eugene Milton Judd, mutant or not?
    Zuzha Yu, mutant or not?
    Michael Twoyoungmen, mutant or not?
    Major Mapleleaf, mutant or not?

    Sasquatch is the only one who did not die, and he could be considered a mutant.

    The Xorn made me do it.
    Right...Pointer seems to absorb personality traits, maybe even other people's minds (like Rogue)...I wouldn't imagine they'd have to be strictly mutants (mutants are still humans, just genetically gifted) to be drained/absorbed. He may have Alpha's minds copied or stolen within him, just as Rogue did for years.

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •